Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Low Key Week

That has been the central theme for this week ~ "low key." This week has been a gift. I have next week to worry about getting ready for the holidays and all our class/church parties were last week. So, this week has been a slow moving, easy going week. We have done a very small amount of school this week ~ just the priorities ~ making it easy for the boys to be done by lunch. Nap time, for those of us too old to nap, has been spent playing games or exploring the cold outdoors (not me on the last one!). I have spent nap time curled up with one of the following three items ~ a book, my journal, or my computer. I am such a nerd, but I love it!!!!

My boys are presently laughing hysterically at jokes I do not "get" while eating ice cream with chopped up pieces of candy cane oreos mixed in for fun!! Guess who gave them that idea???Yummy! :-)

Pics from a cozy week at home with little boys. . .

Yesterday morning we made Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments. . .


Here they are ready to go in the oven. . .

Each day as soon as the little boys fall asleep, we turn on the fireplace and enjoy its warmth!!

Isn't twister so fun. . .
Sweet friends. . .
And, candy land. . .
And, yes, they are still in pjs!!! A couple of days this week the boys opted to stay in pjs until the afternoon, but not their mama!! She is dressed and ready by 7 every morning. What a nice, lazy week we have had!!!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved