Sunday, November 12, 2006

Somebody tagged me!!

I received my first ever tag today!! Momrn2 from My Quiet Corner (I'm sorry I don't know how to link - I need to learn :-) tagged me to list 9 weird things about myself. I love visiting My Quiet Corner, so I was very excited to be tagged by her!! So, here goes. . .

#1 I love to drink milk, organic 2% milk (the kind with the cute cow on it), with 2 ice cubes in it. There have to be exactly 2 ice cubes in order to keep my milk the correct temperature as I drink it. One is too few, and any more than 2 is much too much. 2 is perfect - for me anyway.

#2 When I go into a creepy and empty bathroom at a gas station or park, I have to look in all the stalls before I will actually go in one and shut the door. I have this odd fear that some crazy man is hiding in one of the stalls. I don't really know where that fear came from. . . weird, I know.

#3 I have to eat something sweet after every meal. Even if it is simply a peppermint or a chai latte, I cannot walk away from a meal without a leaving a sweet taste in my mouth to linger. . .

#4 Now I never do this one in public, and I actually have not done it since I had kids. It wouldn't exactly set the best example. But, the desire is still there. . . When I eat pizza, I like to dissect it. I take all the toppings off and set them to the side. Then, I take the top layer of bread off the crust and eat it, then I eat the bottom layer of crust, and lastly the toppings. Yum! That is how I like to eat pizza. It works best with deep dish (pan) pizza hut pizza.

#5 I LOVE to drink - all day. I drink coffee, water, tea, dr. pepper, green tea, etc. I have a drink in my hand at all times. Now for the weird part. . . I never actually finish a drink. Somehow a Dr. Pepper, once 3/4 of it is gone, just doesn't taste good to me anymore. I even throw out the last little bit of every cup of coffee I drink. At any given time, there are at least 5 drinks half to 3/4 empty waiting for me in my refridgerator. But, I never finish them, never.

#6 When I find out that I am pregnant, I begin praying that God will give me multiples. This is my third pregnancy, and there is still only one sweet baby in there. When I go to my first ultrasound, I always hold my breath as she puts the dealie (for lack of a better word) on my tummy - hoping that there will be more than one in there! Even this pregnancy, I already have 2 children, but I still hoped for twins!

#7 I don't like to shop for clothes. . . or shoes, for that matter. Oh, dear, did someone faint. Seriously, I don't. I never have. No explantation.

#8 I love being pregnant. If I didn't have vein problems, I would honestly love to be 2nd trimester pregnant for the rest of my life. No kidding! When I was pregnant with my first, I found out at my 37 week visit that I was 3 cm dialated. My doctor told me it would only be a matter of days. I cried the whole way home from the appointment. I wasn't ready to not be pregnant anymore. I wasn't ready to not feel him kicking inside me. I love being pregnant. That whole big belly thing is so fun!!!

#9 Sensitive is an understatement when it comes to me. I am SENSITIVE. I don't cry at movies, take for example Facing the Giants, I sob, sob, sob. Going to a sad movie with me can be a bit embarrasing. Sometimes, I even cry for a good while after the movie is over. I always like to discuss the movie afterward, and the tears keep flowing. . . If someone so much as mentions an abused child, or a parent who lost a child, etc., I'll lose it right there.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I can totally relate to the bathroom stall issue and the sobbing at movies, particularly Facing the Giants! My 8 year old son looked at me in the movie and patted my on the shoulder. He said, "Mom, it's okay," with a smile.

Sarah said...

Erin, I forgot how quirky you are! (in the absolute BEST way ever) The last one cracked me up; I sob at movies, but I also scream, loudly, whenever anything remotely surprising happens in them. Chris hates it:)

This post made me miss you even more!!

Big Mama said...

I can completely relate to the crying at the movies. It doesn't matter if it's happy or sad, I just bawl my eyes out if something moves me.

Now, the pizza thing is just plain quirky. : )

Anonymous said...

These are funny. I am right there with you on praying for multiples.... already do it! :) And I HATE (with all capital letters over and over) shopping for clothes!!!! But I DO love shoes.... the one article of clothing that receives my affection.

And I about died to read your comment on mine about vowels and even numbers!! I'm not crazy after all... they really are better, aren't they?

Love, calissa

Deidre said...

Erin, I eat my pizza like this too. It drives my husband crazy. I sometimes don't even eat the topping, but I have to order a pizza with everything on it just so the crust will taste right. Weird.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I knew that you are pregnant, so first of all, congratulations!!! I am just so happy for you.

Secondly, I understand completely about LOVING pregnancy during the 2nd trimester. Its that point where you feel so good and the baby is moving, and you feel like such a ... woman! =) I cherish these moments between baby and I; its like being in a small cocoon, just the two of us. I love it!

Linda said...

That was a fun list Erin. I don't like to shop either. Isn't it weird?? I think I'm going to be forced to update and replace some clothing soon though. sigh...

Anonymous said...

#9 is me,too....I get very easily disturbed over anything having to do with children being mistreated...ignored...yelled in Wal-Mart,etc. I get so upset with how parents treat children! Just seeing a child's feelings hurt really bothers me. I have to not watch the news,too...too disturbing to me.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved