Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Sweet Baptism for a Sweet Girl

My brother's oldest daughter recently made the decision to give her life to Christ. This past Sunday she was baptized by her Daddy in a lake near their home. Peyton is a special girl. And, I am not just saying that because she is my niece. She truly is a precious young lady - selfless and beautiful inside & out. And, I love her with all my heart. She loves hard like her Daddy. And, she loves my boys, really loves them. She is so sweet with them. I am thankful for her life, and I am even more thankful that she has chosen to give that sweet life of hers to Jesus. A little girl's life that will never be the same. A great journey has begun, and that is worth celebrating. Now here are some pics of the act that symbolizes that life change. . .
Kelly asking Peyton about her decision to follow Jesus. . .
Cecilia read scripture. . .
Friends and family. Mom is videoing the baptism. . .
Daddy, also, said a few words and stood with Kelly as he baptized his little girl.



Sweet Cecilia. . .




Peyton with her friends and sweet little sister on the left edge of the picture.




What a year my brother's sweet family has had! God has been more than faithful. Their family is truly a testimony of the strength that Jesus provides during trials. From breast cancer to melanoma, God has been good. And, he has brought them through it all. Kelly and Cecilia are modeling a living, active, and real faith for their little girls.

Jesus, bless this family and bless this sweet little girl.

Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.

Philippians 1:3-6

11 comments:

Sara said...

So sweet. I cried. God is so good.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Congrats to her. Welcome to the family Peyton

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

How moving! Thank you for sharing this story.

KM said...

Thanks for that post. I'm pretty much a lurker here...but I have prayed for your sister-in-law. tears welled up upon seeing her picture. God is good.

Kristi in Texas

Lori said...

Ok I am crying. That is the is so sweet.

Sarah said...

Oh my word, I just wanted to cry! How wonderful!! And it's so good to see pictures of your parents! They look just as sweet as I remember them :)

Michelle Peacock said...

That is so wonderful! I only wish I had given my life to Jesus at her age. But at least I have now...

Kelly said...

What a tender and precious memory... the pictures just capture the joy and magnitude of the event. Praise God for this precious little girl and her commitment.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh, I got goosebumps! To witness such a beautiful moment in a child's life, wow! I am hoping and praying for that day for my children.

Michelle said...

Oh what a blessing! Happy sweet day! I love the photo of her coming out of the water into the arms of the other girls...isn't that just a story unto itself?

Dionna said...

What a special moment.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved