Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Mr. 9 Months

This morning I had the great privilege of taking my youngest son to his 9 month well baby check up! Miss Megan came and stayed with the big boys while I enjoyed 3 hours of being the mama to one sweet little baby. We ran in and out of a few stores ~ so easy when you only have one to load and unload!! The weather was beautiful and the outing was a breath of fresh free air for me. Yesterday was one of those days. It was full and loud and hot and tiring, but this morning was peaceful and easy thanks to my sweet little companion.
The little mister weighed in at 22 pounds, 4 ounces and was a whopping 31.5 inches long - the M.D. said that he was the length of the average 15-16 month old. Maybe my little Erik will take after my big Erik???!!! :-) He smiled and babbled all the way through the exam ~ happy as a clam! And, thankfully, no shots this visit!!! :-)
Okay, my sweet one, do you know that I adore you? Of course, you do! I love you to pieces! You have always been a calm, sweet presence, but this month something changed in you a little. It began a few weeks ago while I was changing your diaper. Now, up until this time, you used to lay perfectly still and let me do my work. But, this particular day you began twisting and turning and rolling all around while I wrestled you back onto your back in order to put a clean diaper on your cute little wiggly booty! I laughed out loud at the change in you and reminded myself that even though you have been a gentle, easy baby, you are, after all, a boy!! Changing your diaper has become a full contact sport. I mean, seriously, you went from calm, sweet baby to active, curious little boy in less than one month!! Whew!
The picture above was taken at the zoo in New Orleans. You are always easy to take places ~ just happy to be along for the ride. . .
Your big brothers adore you. The only problem is that I fear they may smother you one of these days. I took this picture in our little apartment on the seminary campus in New Orleans. I came around the corner and saw this. . .
You tolerate all the attention so well!

I think they kinda like you, little man.

One thing is for sure. . .

Being the fourth boy, you will be one. tough. cookie.

I love you so much!

Can't wait to see what this month will bring. . . and the next. . . and the next!

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

SO so sweet! Sunshine

picturesofhisgrace said...

I can't believe he is 9 months old! He's so precious! I love the picture with him sucking his thumb while laying on Erik's chest. Hannah was my thumb sucker. I am sure he is going to be a tough boy with all those brothers loving on him! Love you!

Stacy said...

I have followed your blog for a long time and have absolutely no idea how I found you. But, I love these photos, especially the one of him sleeping with his thumb in his mouth.

So precious!

AW said...

I don't know you either, but I have enjoyed watching your sweet boys grow all the way from Texas for a long while now. I think I clicked on you from Sara In the Midst of it a few years ago.

I just had to comment....those last two pictures are positively precious! I think it's a special woman to be a Boy Momma to so many. And you remind me so much to just grasp at the moment at hand and not let go. Thank you for that. :-)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved