Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ovewhelmed

Yesterday was a good day.

Every once in a while I have a day where it is like the blinders of busyness come off, and I realize, as if for the first time, that. . .

I am soooo blessed!!!!!!

I have the privilege of being a mama to a brood of young men, and, not to mention, I get to be the wife of the man of my dreams!!!! Yes, there is stress, overwhelmingly so at times, and there are meltdowns and boo boos. And, no, I do not know what tomorrow holds for us. But, there is today, and today is good. And, that is all I need to know right now. And, my heart can rejoice in this moment, in this day, in this life!!! Thanks to Jesus Who is ever patient with my, in general, lack of gratitude!!!

And, yesterday was one of those days where I was, for a lack of better words, overwhelmed.

For hours yesterday our swimming pool was full ~ four little boys and one big boy and the woman that adores them unceasingly!

We swam and played and grilled and ate and talked and laughed and splashed and carried on like the crazy family that we are!

Then, we shared some food with our neighbors, bathed the boys, and put their worn out, clean little bodies in their warm cozy beds.

And, after that, Erik and I sat poolside and talked for awhile before deciding to swim once again!! It was a beautiful night in our little piece of the country! The sky was full of stars and the trees of fireflies.

And, I was overwhelmed again and again and again.

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved