Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Christmas Card Attempts. . .

We always wait until the last minute to take our family Christmas pictures which means we end up using a tripod and our camera's timer. The results are never perfect, but, hey, neither are we! So, I always feel we end up with a good representation of our family at the stage of life we are in!

Our family lit the advent candle this past Sunday at church, so I thought it would be a good time to take the picture. Lighting the advent candle was so fun! I was so proud of my little ducks all in a row!!! And, thankfully, we didn't burn the church down!!! Erik walked in front holding the flame, Joshua a few steps behind him, JCT a few steps behind him, Elijah a few steps behind him, and then I brought up the back holding Eriky! It was a proud mama moment to watch my little men walking all in line. I still can't believe God has given me four little men!!! I never would have dreamed! God is so sweet!!

I digress. . . So, I knew that we would be in our Sunday best, and this would be our best opportunity for a picture. We came home, set up the tripod and timer, and sat down in front of the fireplace. The results. . .

Missing someone. . .

There he is. . .Too serious ~ not a true representation of us. . .I asked Erik to voom in a little closer. . .The next two pictures I absolutely love because they are so true to life!!!!
I think this one is my favorite. . .

The chosen one. . .


Look closely, do you see it? Something (someone) is missing!! Right there just behind JCT, under Erik's left arm. . . There is room enough, and there is most definitely love enough for one more!!! Can't wait to fill in that little hole next Christmas!

2 comments:

deana b said...

Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures!!! I got all teary thinking of that sweet little someone to fill Daddy's lap in next year's picture. I am so excited to meet him/her. Glad it worked out I didn't get to take the picture. These are perfect!!! Can I have a copy of the silly one? Would love to have that in my house! It is just so typical of your boys (even the big one). And thanks for saving me on the cupcakes!!

Anonymous said...

aww so cute! did a great job!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved