Friday, March 11, 2011

My Little Love. . .

We may just have a little soccer player on our hands this time around!  You can kick, little one!  You can kick with the best of them!  Whoa, Mama!  But, I can tell you are a sweetheart.  I can just tell.  But, you like to move around a lot.  I'm having visions of me bundling you up nice and tight like a cute little snug bug, and five minutes later I'm going to turn around and your blankets will all be loosed around you!  You will kick yourself free!  We will see, but that is what my gut is telling me!

My fifth child, my fifth baby, my fifth love, I'm crazy about you!  Somedays I get overwhelmed at the thought!  One more child!  One more who will need me!  How will it work?  How will we do it?  Will I be able to give you all that you need?  These worries overtake me at times.

But, I know the One Who knit you together in my womb.  I know the One Who determined that you would, in fact, be.  I know the One Who knows you, Who loves you, Who has entrusted me with your little life.  And, I know that He knows.  He knows what you need.  He knows what I can give.  He knows me, and He knows you.  And, I am committed to loving and serving and doing all that I can to make your little life as full and beautiful as it can be.  God help me, help me every step of the way!

One of my favorite memories of my entire life was telling your Daddy about you.  The tension in the air, my nerves! He thought four was the end for us, and I had to tell him that God thought differently.  We sat there staring at each other, him begging me to speak it, to speak what was on my mind.  I beckoned him to lean forward, so I could whisper it in his ear.  As soon as the words escaped my lips and tickled his ear, his robust laughter filled our table, filled the entire restaurant, and filled my heart.  And, my tears fell uncontrollably ~ happy, relieved, disbelieving tears.  God tears.  The tears you cry when He overwhelms you with His purpose, His way, and all you can do is overflow because He is overwhelmingly good.  Five babies good!

And, now here we are less than two months away from your due date.  I can tell you are getting bigger each week.  And, I am starting to wake up at night, to toss and turn.  You are filling me, and I will not be able to hold you here forever.  My body is realizing this.  It won't be long, and I will hold your little wrinkly body, frog legs, and soft fuzzy head.  And, I will wonder how we ever lived a day without you! Your brothers ask me almost daily when you will be here.  Erik Daniel is very curious.
He knows there is a baby in my tummy.  If I say baby, he reaches up and touches my belly.


He knows.  But, then again he doesn't know completely!  But, he will understand, and he will love you to pieces!


They are all so excited to meet you!

I love you, my fifth little love!  Godspeed. . .

5 comments:

dee said...

I can't remember- do you know what the baby is? I know he /she is LOVED! I imagine having four big brothers will be such joy and protection for your fifth love. Can't wait for his/her arrival post. God is so good!

Casey said...

I have read your blog for quite a while now. I cannot even remember how I came upon it, but I am so glad I did.

I am privileged to be the mother of an enthusiastic 3 1/2 year old boy, and 9 weeks away from delivering boy #2. I love my life, my boys, my job as a full time mom. Nothing makes me happier. Truly. But there are days that I wonder how I will be able to cope with 2 crazy boys running around! :) Grace alone!

When I read your blog I am so encouraged. It is nice to know that other moms are out there walking the same journey and loving their life. Thanks for sharing the tidbits of your everyday life. I have been blessed by you transparency.

Sarah said...

Just checking in this morning before church to read your sweet words and tell you how blessed I am to call you friend. I'm sorry I couldn't call yesterday on the way to church--I forgot my wallet and had a fiasco, so calling didn't happen. But I am determined to hear your voice this week!

Love, love, love you!!

Bree said...

So very precious, I know we do not not know each other but I do love the gift of this blog world that we can lift one another up in prayer. Praying for you and your sweet ones and little one's precious arrival.
God bless,
Bree

Anonymous said...

sooo cute! your littlest one is so adorable! blessings and i will be in prayer for you!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved