Monday, December 05, 2011

Finding Out About You!

My love, we never dreamed that God would give you to us.  We never dreamed that our sweet God would give us a little girl.  We've always been a boy family, and I think we couldn't even imagine that this time around would be any different.  But, we are so thankful, so amazingly thankful for the opportunity to be your parents.

We saw you for the first time on sonogram in November.  We had decided to have the tech write down whether you were a girl or a boy on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, and then your Daddy and I would read it together at dinner.  But, when the tech went to investigate whether you were a girl or boy,  you were modest.  You put your little foot in just the right spot, and the tech was afraid to tell us for certain.  So, she wrote her guess on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, gave it to us, and told us to come back next month.

We never opened that envelope (until after we knew you were a girl!  And, for the record the tech thought you were a girl, so she was right!).  We came back for our December 1st appointment with the same plan ~ to have the tech write down what you are on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope.  Well, she looked and looked and just never could feel just right about it.  She knew what she thought, but she wanted a more experienced tech to double check her.  The other tech came in, looked around for just a few moments, and said to our original tech, "It is what you think it is."  Then, our tech put one of the pictures in an envelope, handed it to Erik, and sent us to see Dr. Y.

After we left the doctor's office, we went Christmas shopping.  Then, around 7 or so we headed to our favorite restaurant, a very special restaurant to us.  After we ordered and received our appetizer, Erik took the envelope out and pushed it toward me.  I refused.  I wanted him to open it and tell me. So, he opened it.  I watched the expression on his face change completely as he looked at the contents of the envelope.  He handed it to me to look, but I refused.  I said, "I want you to tell me.  Just tell me."  I'll never forget what he said....

"You're going to have a daughter."

And, the dam broke.  I cried and cried and cried.  I still can't believe that inside me is a little girl.  I didn't know that was possible.  Me, who nicknamed myself a boy factory, carrying a bit of femininity...

How sweet is my God!

And, now I pray for your health and for a safe delivery, and I wait patiently until I have the privilege of meeting you.  I love you so much already, and so do your brothers.  We are so thankful for you!  Godspeed, sweet love, godspeed...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. I have 7 daughters and a granddaughter, 8 mos. (Also, 5 boys) They are all treasures. Many blessings to your family. I enjoy your blog immensely.

Amy said...

SO very sweet!

Sara at Miller Moments: said...

aw, I have tears of happiness for you after reading this! God is sooo good! :)

Sara at Miller Moments: said...

aw, I have tears of happiness for you after reading this! God is sooo good! :)

HW said...

I am fortunate to have raised a boy and a girl but I will never forget that moment when my girl was born and I heard the words "it's a girl," having been so certain that my boy would have a brother. I frequently tell my daughter that she taught me the true meaning of "breath taking."

Now that she's 17, I can honestly say, the magic does not end.

Not to take away from the joy of raising a son, but a girl? Oh yes, you are in for such a joyous journey.

Congratulations to your whole family. And how sweet that your little princess has her own little security force of five in her big brothers.

Sarah said...

She'll be your sweetest little friend forever--I'm STILL so happy for you! Every time I think of it, I just smile and smile! God is very good :)

Linda said...

I am so delighted for all of you. Happy tears here too!

Kari C in SC said...

I don't even know you really and I am sitting here crying because I am so happy for you! God Bless your family and thank you for sharing.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved