Monday, June 11, 2012

Field Day

When I began homeschooling, I knew two or three families in my small town who already home schooled their children. So, I invited them to a Saturday morning brunch at my house.  I asked them to invite any other mothers from our community who also homeschooled.  So, five of us met together that morning to plan a year of playdates!  We decided to get the children together once a month for a holiday themed party or a field trip.  I wasn't sure if it would actually work, but it has!!!  And, now we have a yahoo group and are growing new families all the time!  We even have mom's night outs!  It has been a sweet little group to be a part of!  The boys look forward to the parties and play dates, and I look forward to hanging out with the mothers!  

Our play date for May was a family field day!  So fun!


The children were dividing into age groups and competed in various events.










The father/son three legged race...

The winners!
Giving instructions...
Free throw shooting contest...



The awards ceremony...


The family fun continued after we left field day!  The boys and I just finished reading Where the Red Fern Grows.  So, I bought the movie so that they could watch it.  Here they are after baths waiting for me to push play!  Joshua and James were dressed as red bone coon hounds, and Elijah was dressed as a raccoon!

Watch out, sweet Lije!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved