Thursday, June 21, 2012

Slowly Moving Forward...

We really tried to make it easy on ourselves this summer.  We didn't sign the boys up for baseball.  We decided to take the summer off.  It was going to be a peaceful slow-moving season where we focused on adjusting to our sweet new addition, Emery, and we hung out as a family.  Well, we are adjusting to having 6 children, and we are spending a good deal of quality time together swimming, grilling out, and playing in the gym.  BUT, this season has not been peaceful or slow!  The renovation has taken much longer than expected.  Which, I realize, is to be expected, but still.....

Some days the hammering drives me insane!  And, some days the silence, which means nothing is being done over there, is even more deafening...  We are living out of bins and boxes with a baby sleeping beside our bed and a baby sleeping in our closet.  All the upstairs rooms are overflowing, and we are just plain READY!!!


My phone is full of pictures like these...








Thankfully amidst the chaos we are having fun. Jack loves the water...



The older they get, the closer they become...


 And, Em is just a joy...



I love to watch the boys PLAY!  They are so good at it!!  Sometimes I sneak in their room just to watch the wildness.  I love watching them make toys zoom around the room and talk and fight....  They have such vivid imaginations!



And, believe it or not, they can clean that mess up quite quickly!

We renovated once before, so I remember this overwhelmed feeling.  And, I know that this too will pass, and one day we will not have men around the house hammering and drilling.  But, for now life is a bit full and cluttered, and I envy the day when I can wake up to a home not under construction! :-)

2 comments:

Tyna said...

Poor thing! I love the Oiled Bronze lights though...in your kitchen area perhaps?

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see your final results! Hang in there--it will be sooo worth it!

And tell that baby girl to quit growing! She's getting so big so fast!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved