Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012


Our home is filled with sweet little early risers, and, of course, Christmas morning was no exception.  They were up early and ready for a happy day!  We began Christmas morning by sitting around the breakfast table in the candlelight singing carols and reading the Christmas story from the book of Luke.

Singing Christmas carols...





And, Daddy taking it all in...


Blowing out Jesus's birthday candles...



Then, we ate scrambled eggs and homemade cinnamon rolls (Pioneer Woman)! Yum!


Then, the boys opened their presents!  They all got robes!!


Here are a few other gifts...


Fuzzy the Hippo ($10 at Sam's :-)...



It was a peaceful day.  It was rainy and cold, so the boys stayed inside and played with all their new toys!!


And, I sipped coffee in my Christmas mug that I've had since I was in high school!  A favorite!


Erik and I agreed not to buy gifts for each other.  But, somehow I got these...


 So precious!  I loved my presents!!

This was a favorite of the boys...


Lots of Hangman was played...



And, Miss Em still loves here baby doll.  Definitely her favorite present this year!  


All in all it was a beautiful, peaceful day.  We enjoyed each other, playing with toys and games.  We have a good number of friends who are missing loved ones this year.  My heart was heavy for them.  Every holiday we have with loved ones is such a blessing.  Just one more reason to make lots of memories!!!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved