Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Winter Morning...

I came out of my bedroom after getting ready for the day and was met by my Joshua.  He took my hand, walked me to the window, and showed me a sprinkling of snow falling to the ground.  And, as the morning grew so did those big beautiful white flakes gently, softly falling like peace from heaven down upon our home.  And, though there was little accumulation, I echo JCT's sentiments when he said, "Well, even if it isn't sticking, I'm thankful it tried!!"

Oh, the peace of winter, calm and cold, dreary and damp, causing us to stay inside a bit more, stay home a bit more.  And, this morning my heart was full, and how could it not be...

One little one sleeping sweetly, two cuddled together on the couch watching Frosty, two working diligently while snow falls as a beautiful backdrop through the windows behind them, coffee in hand, lazy grey dog sleeping in the middle of the kitchen, chocolate cupcakes baking, powdered sugar like snow scattered on counter, and soft Christmas music playing.  I should be stressed, but today I am refusing to worry.  I will get done what I get done ~ one thing at a time.  Jesus is here.  I feel Him with us, and I am resting in the peace of His sweetness.

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved