Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Baby Praise. . .

I don't think there is anything sweeter in a mother's ear than the first time her baby utters the most beautiful word in any language. . . Jesus. Ohhhh, what that does to my soul!! And, when they begin to sing praises to Jesus. . . It warms my heart to the very core, and I know it does His, as well. This to me is more meaningful than my baby's first word. I remember the first time I heard both of my boys utter my Savior's name. Music to a Mama's ears. . . After all that is what it's all about, this whole parenting thing, passing on the legacy of Christ. There is just something so precious about those baby voices singing to their Maker.

As I was cleaning up after lunch yesterday, I heard it. It was soft and somwhat broken but clear, nonetheless. James Christofer, my 18 month old, was singing these words: "Oooohhhhh, how I wuv Desus. . .Ooooohhhh, how I wuv Desus. . ." We sing it every single night to him, but this is the first time his lips have uttered praise of his own admission. I just stood there listening for a minute, imagining Jesus' smile, and then I got down on the floor to help him with the rest of the words! Beautiful day!

This brings me to a funny Joshua story. . . He was 2 when he said these things, but I will never forget them. He came up to me one day and said, "Mommy, sing the egg song." I tried so hard to think of a song with eggs in it, but I couldn't. So, I said, "I don't know what song you mean." To which he replied, "You know the EGG song." "Sing a little for me. . ." I requested. He began singing, "We egg-zalt Thee. We egg-zalt Thee." It is amazing what they hear. He thought that song was about eggs!! :-)

But, the story goes on. . . Another day around that same time, he was sitting in his high-chair eating applesauce while I was cleaning up the dishes. He started singing, "Applesauce, applesauce where I first saw the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away. . ." (At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light. . .) I nearly dropped the dishes and fell on the floor laughing!! And, the more I laughed the more he sang!! Aren't little ones the best!!!! This is another bedtime song of ours and so is the egg song!! Don't you know Jesus gets the biggest kicks out of our children!!

From the lips of children, He has ordained His praise. . .

3 comments:

Southern Girl said...

Aww, that's so sweet -- and funny! And what a wonderful thing to do when you put your children to bed. :)

Andrea said...

My son sings like that. I absolutely love it. He even gets a book and pretends to find the hymn and then sings. Aren't they precious?

Wendy said...

Very cute! I love that too!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved