Friday, October 27, 2006

For My Mom. . .


who loves my hair shoulder length and lives far enough away that my hair will grow before she sees me. . . I promise, Mom, that it looks alot shorter in person than it does in this picture. It just touches my shoulders, really, it does just barely touch my shoulders. Anyway, this is how the story goes. . .

It was a very rainy, messy day so my hair was curly and frizzy and crazy as I drove to the salon. Ann straightened it with that wonderful Chi iron thingy. What a glorious invention! If only it had been around when I was in high school fighting with all my might to straighten my hair each morning before school. Only to walk outside and have that wonderful Southern humidity curl my hair right back up!

I digress. . . Ann made my hair Barbie doll straight with the Chi - making my hair look even longer. Then, she put my hair in 4 ponytails, measured them each, and gently cut each one above the rubber-band at the 10 inch mark (the 2 in the back were actually longer than 10 inches). We were both amazed at how long my hair still was after she cut the pony-tails. And, BOOM, in a matter of seconds, I went from the longest hair I have ever had in my life to shoulder length hair! So, Mom, here it is. The before and after shots. So, now after a year of pony-tails and braids, my hair has been down for 2 whole days !!!!


12 comments:

Donnetta said...

Beautiful... both styles are beautiful! Enjoy the new "do"!

Big Mama said...

I love both your new looks, the blog and the hair. Both are beautiful!

Southern Girl said...

I love that cut! Very stylish. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog design!! SO pretty.... and that verse is one of my very favorites in the whole Bible.

did you do the 10 inches cut for Locks of Love? Just curious. Mine has been growing out forever, so I'm considering letting it go until it's long enough for that. I might as well.... I haven't cut it in SO long. It's getting kinda nappy looking and is frequently in a ponytail, but oh well.

Anyway, your hair looks beautiful! :)

Erin said...

Renovating my heart,

Yes, I did grow my hair out for locks of love, and I totally recommend it if you don't mind having long hair for awhile!!! Check it out on their website - locksoflove.org

Deidre said...

Your hair is beautiful, Erin. (I like your new blog look, too). How generous to donate your hair to Locks of Love. I remember reading about your decision to do so when you posted about your sister-in-law. How is she?
Deidre

Barb said...

The difference between the two looks is amazing, Erin, but I like them both. I really really like the straightened hair. Don't fall down laughing but when I was in high school (in SE Texas - humidity) we IRONED our hair. We did. And it worked. I'm still trying to remember how we avoided serious burns. :-)

Girl Raised in the South said...

Leslie did the same thing you did, grew it out, cut it off and sent it away. She loved doing that, and has never had it that long again since. Good for you! And yes, Chi's are the coolest thing ever.

Sarah said...

You look beautiful:) As always!!

So what do your boys think of it?

Erin said...

Sarah,

Jct doesn't know any different, but uh Joshua doesn't like it. He didn't say anything when I came home, but after a little bit, he confessed, "Mommy, I don't like your hair like that. I want you to put it back on." Oh, well, we can't please everyone, and I am very much enjoying shorter hair.

Michelle said...

Just gorgeous! I love the new you.

Anonymous said...

Wow love the new "do". It looks great!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved