Thursday, December 07, 2006

Will it be a Kelly or a Cecilia?

Tomorrow is our big day - the day of our ultrasound! We are hoping and praying that they will tell us that a healthy little baby is thriving in there! And, yes, we will find out whether it is a boy or a girl.

Unlike my other 2 pregnancies where I read and journaled faithfully about the baby's development, etc., writing prayer after prayer for the darling ones inside me, this time I have been a little busy. And, to be honest the last 4 months have been a blur. At times I feel a little guilty about that. Even my mom will say, "I keep forgetting that you are pregnant." To which I respond, "Don't feel bad. I keep forgetting, too." Until the little one kicks, and reminds me that he/she is very much residing there inside me.

So, I thought I'd take a minute to slow down and ponder this little one. Names are vitally important to Erik and I. Both our boys have names chocked full of meaning - first and middle names. James Christofer Truett even got 3 names!! And, this third child will be no different.

This baby was conceived, most likely, while we were vacationing with Erik's family in the mountains of Tennessee this summer. We were at Dollywood when my mom called to tell us to be praying because Cecilia had found a lump under her arm. A little over a week later we received another call from my mom letting us know that the lump was in fact breast cancer. She had fought breast cancer valiently at age 32, and now at age 36 she was faced with it again. Three days later we saw 2 pink lines on a little white stick. And, as soon as I found out that we were pregnant, I told Erik that this baby would be named Cecilia if it was a girl, and he agreed.

And, if this little one is a boy, there has been no question that this boy would be named after my brother, Kelly. The little guy will be either Elijah Kelly or Daniel Kelly. We are still praying and pondering that one. But, my brother Kelly is an amazing man/brother/husband/father. He is so tender-hearted and loving. He is the kind of guy who just yesterday took a dog home from a rescue shelter. . . an old dog with heartworms and abscessed teeth, a dog that will likely not live through the treatments needed to keep her alive. He named her Bella (calls her Big B) and took her home because he couldn't stand to think of them putting her to sleep. They say he pets her for hours at a time. He loves hard. And, I would be more than proud to have a son like him.

There is alot I don't know about this little one. Is the baby a boy or girl? Will he/she have red hair like the other 2? What will his/her personality be like? But, there is one thing that I am certain of. . . This child is loved, so much. This child is loved not only by mommy and daddy, but also by 2 big brothers. And, we welcome this little one with arms open wide.

Side-note for all you Texans: I had this conversation with Joshua after bathtime tonight. . .
Me: So, when the baby comes will JCT become a big boy?
J: Will JCT be with us when the baby comes?
Me: Well, yes, I hope so. Why wouldn't he be with us? Where else would he be?
J: I dunno. . . maybe. . . like. . .Texas. . .
So, if any of ya'll see a cute little red headed boy wandering around Texas this spring, will you ship him back to me? Thanks.

15 comments:

Kelly said...

I really love love reading your posts. You have a special way of expressing yourself.

I love that you pray over and really consider baby names. I think this is lost so much in our culture, but family names are so precious to our heritage.

Also, I am from orginally from East Tennessee and have been to Dollywood many times. We were also there this summer--kids loved it!

Anonymous said...

I love both names...Kelly is my maiden name and Cecelia is one we have thought about for a girl,too. Love them both! I'm praying for you and that sweet baby...can't wait to find out the results of the ultrasound!


Keep us posted,please!!!!


Kim

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog....can't wait to find out if it's Kelly or Cecelia. In my prayers!

Big Mama said...

I'll ship him back to you, but I may keep that cute little redhead for a couple of days first!

I love that you pray over your names and choose names with meaning. I will be anxious to hear what y'all find out today.

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting. I don't think I get to find out until February. I can't wait. I told hubby we better start thinking names too because I like to say the name as soon as we find out....

....sorry I'm behind on reading blogs...

Kelly said...

Hey Erin,
Yes, Dianne was right--the hard drive crashed.

In repsonse to your question, I usually do my alone time around 10 or 11pm. My kids, too, are early risers, so we put them to bed around 7:30pm. This gives my husband and me time to spend alone. My husband goes to bed at 10 every night, so then I have the house to myself. I love this, because I am a night owl anyway.

Anonymous said...

Erin, this post made me cry, just thinking about all the emotions that rise up when you're pregnant. It almost makes me want to do it again--but not quite:)

I love Elijah because then he'd have the same first initial as you and Erik, but I love Daniel because it's such a strong name, (and my brother's), and like you said, Kelly "loves hard." What a sweet tribute to you brother.

(Cecilia was on my short list for Addison--I wanted to call her Celia, short for my Grandmother Lucille, who went by Cil. But then I just really felt like our baby's name was supposed to be Addison. So if your sweet one is a girl, we'll know why!)

Praying for you today:) And in case you forgot, I love you to pieces.

Deidre said...

Your children are so fortunate to have such a thoughtful and caring mother like you. I know that if you pray over their names, you pray for every other aspect of their lives as well.

I love both names. I'm studying the book of Daniel right now, so that respresents such strength to me. I can't wait to hear what you're having. Either one - a blessing!!

Paula said...

I reall love the names. I also think names are important and should be prayed over.

Isn't Dollywood fun??

Linda said...

If I see him, can I keep him for just a little while? I sort of miss having little boys around the house. I promise I'll send him home in a little while.
I love this post Erin. It is so filled with love. I think of so many little ones who come into a world unwanted and uncared for and am thankful that this little one is already completely surrounded by love.

Anonymous said...

Miss Erin Elizabeth, I've been patient all day, but it's bedtime and I still don't know what you're having! Email me:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, sweet friend! I'll email you in a little bit:)

Anonymous said...

hey you, I've been in Atlanta (still here til tomorrow morning) but came here quickly to find out the verdict and IT'S NOT HERE! Where are you?! Is everything okay? I hope so..... and I hope you will share the news soon. You promised, remember? :) I can't wait to hear what little gift God is making in your belly.

love, calissa

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

I like the name Kelly...may name is Kelly :P

I have only recently found my way to your blog and it is such a breath of fresh air. In a world where the bad is propagated and accepted, it is so nice to find a place like your page where someone is so full of good and love for the right and good things. It makes my day that much better. Thanks so much!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved