Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Too much of a good thing can be. . . Funny!

And, so I thought that I would introduce Joshua to our little Compassion boy, Joseph. Our last Compassion boy (funny I always end up with the male species in just about everything :-) reached the age of moving on. . . So, Compassion assigned a new little man to our family. I received the new boy's photo and information and thought that this would be a good opportunity to have a little heart to heart talk with Joshua. I would explain to him that there were people with needs in other countries - needs that we can help fill. We would discuss giving to others, foreign countries, and missionaries. I envisioned Joshua's heart being tender to this young man, and, perhaps, some kind of a friendship developing between the two of them through letters, etc. It was a sweet little daydream. . . It's too bad reality was not quite as touching. Our conversation went something like this. . .

Me holding up little Joseph's photo: "Baby, do you know who this is?"
Joshua quickly and confidently answered, "Yes."
Me, surprised: "You do? Who is he?"

Joshua, bored with our conversation: "Yeah, he's the guy that brings me cheese dip at the cheese dip house. You know him, Mommy."

And, if that wasn't enough. . .

The other morning I got JCT out of his crib and brought him downstairs to say good morning to his Daddy. JCT was bright and cheery as always.

Erik smiled at him and said, "Buenos Dias!"

JCT didn't miss a beat. He looked Erik right in the eye and responded, "Quesa - Dilla!"

I think we may be eating Mexican a little too often??

11 comments:

Wendy said...

He doesn't miss a beat. Funny.

Grafted Branch said...

Any morning that starts with cheese crips is a bueno morning indeed.

Surfing through from Big Mama's. :)

Deidre said...

How cute! I love it.

Anonymous said...

ROFL. That made me laugh! Seriously!

BTW- we eat Mexican food ALL THE TIME TOO!

Big Mama said...

I am going to start greeting people with "Quesa-Dilla". I think it's a fun way to start the day.

Jennifer said...

So funny!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

LOL! Those are simply too cute!

We've had similar situations that enlightened us that we were eating too much at a certain restaurant. *Sigh* They sure do pick up on things fast, don't they?!

Paula said...

That is really funny.

I feel like we eat too many Cheetos. Every time we stop at the gas station Colton thinks he needs "snack" which equals Cheetos.

AW said...

LOLOL! Awesome!

Girl Raised in the South said...

I loved it the first time when I told Caiden 'thank you' for something or another, and he said, without missing a beat 'donata'. Plenty of Dora the Explorer going on during that stage!

kittyhox said...

Okay, THAT is funny! Quese dilla!

What a smart kid!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved