Saturday, July 14, 2007

Windows to the Soul

Sometimes I stare into their eyes. I just can't help it. I stare deep into their eyes through to their little souls. And, I pray. I pray for their souls, their lives, their futures. Mostly, I just pray one simple little prayer. "I give You this sweet life, Lord. I lay it before Your throne. Take this little life, and may it bring glory to Your name."

As I stare deeply into their eyes, I see different things.

In my little leader Joshua, I see gentle love and a tender, sweetness. Yet, there is an underlying strength there. Not the kind of strength that dominates, but rather a powerful strength that is harnessed by pure, unchanging love.

In JCT's eyes, I see LIFE filled to the brim, joy, and a yearning for adventure. His eyes are full, full of thought, activity, and unbridled passion.

In Elijah, I see sweet peace and trust. He stares deeply into my eyes as I bathe him, change him or feed him. And, the look is pure trust and security. Serenity. I am his constant, and nothing brings me greater satisfaction.

And, as I search the eyes of my little men, I wonder. . .

What will God do with their lives?

Where will they go?

Who will they become when they are grown?

And, then I come full circle, and I pray for their little lives.

I give them to You, my God. May they glorify You.

Because that is all that really matters. If they glorify God while they are here on earth, then they will have lived well.

4 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Hi Erin,

I have been catching up on your latest posts and crying all the way through. You have such a dear way with words! Your boys are so very blessed. Your writing is so eloquent, it made me wonder, what did you do before being a Mommy? BTW, I am so with you on the knees hurting while running thing, with one big difference. Mine hurt after just the walking! Sigh.

Deidre said...

What will they do? They will grow up thanking their Heavenly Father that He placed them in a home with such a wonderful Mom. They will be wonderful men because of you and your heart.

You are so sweet, Erin. I thank God for Mommies like you ... very rare, indeed.

Kim said...

You are right...they will have lived well if they glorify God. Such a sweet post and I agree with Deidre...they are indeed blessed to have such love from their mother. Just precious!

Kim

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I read this over the weekend but was unable to comment. This is SO beautiful and I'm honored that I've been given a glimpse into your boys' personalities. You are truly blessed my friend!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved