Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Circus Life

My life is a circus, but that is another story for another day! Have I ever mentioned the fact that I love little boys? I do. I love them very much. I love them a little more every single day. And, I love big boys, too, specifically my father-in-love who hooked Erik and I up with wireless internet this past weekend. So, I am typing this while sitting in our big leather chair with my feet propped up on the ottoman sipping Bifferdoodle from one of my favorite mugs! Does life get any better? Oh, yes, yes it does! I forgot to add that my sweet little muscle man is sleeping on the couch a few feet from me! Goodness, I love him! We are still doing the nap on the couch routine. It works for us. He doesn't like to be alone in his room during naptime, and I like to be where he is. So, this arrangement works quite well for us. The two little boys are napping, as well, leaving the homestead quiet, peaceful, and rejuvenating for mama!

Today, JCT's preschool had a circus party! The children dressed up, played carnival games, watched a circus movie, and ate popcorn, hot dogs, and cotton candy! JCT had a blast! He dressed up as a muscle man! I got a pair of pantyhose, a little boy, and some poly-fil mixed them all together, and this is what I got. . .

We made weights out of two painted and stuffed boxes, and we used a roll of wrapping paper for the bar. He loved it! I tried to talk him into letting me draw a tattoo on his upper arm. I was thinking a heart with "MOM" written inside it, but he would have nothing to do with it! No tattoos for this little muscle man. I guess I should be glad about that!

Anyway, on to the party. . . .

Here is a picture of his teacher. . .You will never guess who the star of the circus was???

Elijah! Everyone always wants to see little Lijah when we come! And, this is why I wear Erik Daniel in the kangaroo pouch! It keeps him out of the reach of sweet little preschool hands!
Here is JCT and little clown, Jada, watching the circus movie!

And, here are a sweet pair of opposites!

Afton, the delicate, beautiful ribbon dancer. . .

And, JCT, the rough, tough muscle man. . .

I wasn't planning on making JCT take a nap today in hopes of an early bedtime. But, after lunch he asked if he could, "sleep with my muscles on?" I assumed that this meant the little man needed a nap. And, after a couple of songs my big, strong, tough muscle man of a little boy fell fast asleep in my arms. He may look big and tough, but underneath it all he is still my precious baby boy. . .

And, I will probably type those same words when he comes home from college and falls fast asleep on the couch. . . Always my precious baby boy. . .

3 comments:

Christi said...

What a fun day - you did a great job with the muscles!

Jill said...

This is so adorable. I love the muscle man. We have a clown costume my MIL made, but the littlest is very nervous around clowns. We've yet to go to the Circus for that reason.
She even cries when we see pictures of any clown. No Face Painting at the Children's Museum either. Guess she would have had to skip Preschool on Circus Day.
My husband thinks she'll grown up not liking makeup. Guess he forgets she's a girl.

Sunshine said...

SO sweet! Sunshine


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved