Wednesday, November 18, 2009

If You Can't Beat 'em, Join 'em!!

That is the phrase that went through my head as I collapsed on the couch between two little boys with a baby clamoring to get to my lap. I tried, really I did. It was a valiant effort ~ but, unfortunately, fruitless.

Have I ever mentioned that our closet collapsed one night in the middle of the night? Yeah, that'll wake you up ~ especially when your one year old sleeps in there! :-) Erik and I ran to check on him, and we literally could. not. find. him. We could hear him screaming, but he was buried under layers of clothes. The main rod and the shelf above it fell and left a mess of clothes, shoes, and sheetrock behind. After several frightening minutes, Erik uncovered our screaming baby who was, thankfully, unharmed!! So, for my birthday, Erik got me a new closet!!!!! :-)

And, here it is. . .

This is if you walked in from our master bath. . .


The cabinets match our bathroom cabinets! It was so fun to design our very own closet!!!! :-) Deana B, note the valet rods on his side and my side! Thanks for the idea!! Erik loved it!
This is my side. . .

This is Erik's side. . .

The coolest thing on his side is the pant hanger which pulls out for easy access! And, he has a really neat tie/belt rack, too! Erik is tall, so we had them make the hanging area really tall, so that his shirts wouldn't drag on the shelf or the floor! So, fun!
Now, where were we? Oh, yes, I remember! I tried really hard to get some work done today! Want to see why?
Did you notice that our new closet is empty? Well, let me show you where all the clothes are. . .
In our rooom. . .

I'm still not sure how we will sleep tonight?? But, I'm tired so, I may just crawl on top of all the stuff and sleep! :-)
And, this is where the rest of our closet is. . .
The guest room. . .

Did I mention that we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year? And, that means that we have company coming. . . Monday. Pray that we have a productive weekend!! :-)
And, here are bins of toys that are completely out of order. . .
Erik can tell you what that does to me, and it is not pretty, I assure you! I have let things slide a little, but it is time for the toy Nazi to arise and assert her authority!
And, if that isn't enough, I have this to deal with tomorrow. . .

And, this doesn't include the load still in the dryer waiting to be folded and the 3 overflowing baskets scattered around the house that have been waiting since last Monday (not this past Monday, a week ago this past Monday) to be put away!
Survival. I used to hope to one day get caught up ~ now I just fight to survive!!! I'm in over my head, but I am loving every minute of it ~ well, maybe not every minute, but we're working on that!!!!!!!! :-)
So, after several attempts to put clothes away in my closet only to find that Erik Daniel, my precious helper, had pulled 5 things out for every one thing I put away, I threw my hands up in defeat! I took my little self over to the couch and surrendered to the little people!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh heavens, Erin! I wanted to cry when I saw those baskets of laundry! I think I'll just pray for you instead, and try not to see my own baskets . . .

AW said...

Ohhh...I so GET this post. Please tell me you've had to wash a load a second time because you've forgotten it? It would make me feel much better if you say yes. LOL!

Prayers for well-behaved and busy children that let their mommy work in peace.

FaceforGrace said...

well, for what it's worth- the closet is beautiful! :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved