Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 18, 2010

Joshua,

I am so proud of you my sweet boy. Tonight, as Ben Ford sang Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, you walked the aisle with boldness ~ nothing could have held you back not even fear. You were strong and courageous as you stood before a large group of people who love you very much and professed that you, my sweet son, love Jesus and want to live your life for Him and not for yourself. A huge step for a little man. Your Daddy and I are so proud of you.

I'll never forget the night you asked Jesus into your heart. You were young, but from that moment on you have grown, and I have seen Jesus in you over and over again. I love you.

Tonight Dr. Jones met you at the front of the church. Dr. Jones, the only pastor you have known, was at the hospital within a few hours of your birth praying over you. Mr. Marshall Dickerson, our sweet family friend, sat with you after Dr. Jones prayed with you. And, then, my sweet friend, an entire community of Jesus followers hugged you and whispered tender words to you as your father and I stood with you and took it all in. What a precious evening it was!

But, you know what made it even more precious?

God.

He gave us a gift. As Ben lead the congregation in worship, he sang her song, the song from her memorial service, the song you often refer to as Grandma's song, O How He Loves, the song you used to ask me to play over and over so that you could look at pictures of her and cry until you hadn't anymore tears. And, within the first few notes of that song tonight, I was aware of her, as if she were there with us, letting you know she was so proud of you.

God. He is so sweet like that!

And, Oh, how He does love you. May you always be aware of His love. When life is uncertain, shaky, and grey, may His love always be to you a citadel, a strong fortress, impenetrable, a sure thing, the anchor you cling to, the rock that hold on to, your stability, your refuge, your safe haven, your home, your heartbeat, your very life's breath, all that you need.

I'm so proud of you, and I love you so much! God bless your little life, my sweet son!

Mommy

3 comments:

deana b said...

Brother and I were so honored to be there tonite and to be a part of such a precious young man's expression of his love for Christ. Brother was extremely moved and we are both so proud. We love you Joshua!

picturesofhisgrace said...

This is so wonderful, and so precious! Love you guys!

Erin @ Closing Time said...

What a beautiful moment. Isn't that just like our amazing God to have that song playing!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved