Monday, October 24, 2011

An Afternoon at the Pumpkin Patch!


A trip to our favorite pumpkin patch...


We had to drive about 40 minutes to get there.  And, it wasn't until I put the van in park in that big open grass field that I realized my billfold was at home.  No money.  None.  Thankfully, I was meeting sweet friends who offered to pay for our family!  (We are not a cheap date!)  But, I am even more thankful that when the owners of this sweet establishment heard of my plight, they told me not to worry about a thing!  They offered to let me mail them a check! :-)  Meagan vouched for my character, and later when I went home, I wrote the check and mailed it the very next day!  Happy ending! :-)



First we drove these little thingys around...


This is sweet Summer and her youngest son...


She is so polar opposite of me!  We went to a women's conference together this past weekend, and she leaned over to me during one of the speakers and whispered, "My husband just text me.  He bought me bullets!  That's love, Baby!!"  She cracks me up!  After the first session of praise and worship, I realized we needed to have a talk.  She bounced and danced a bit ~ so happy!  So, I whispered, "I have to tell you, Summer, I have no rhythm!"  She laughed, tossed her long black hair over her shoulder and said, "You're white, ehh??"  I said, "Yes!"  She smiled and said, "Well, you need to know that I was raised charismatic before I married my good Southern Baptist husband!"  And, I felt like at that point we had an understanding. It was a fun day!  Sweet Summer was raised all over the world from Guatemala to Taiwan by missionary parents.

I digress...

Onto the trailer we went...


Sweet kiddos...

Meagan and Mobley...


First stop...  

Animals!  Eriky loved this!!!



Lije milking the pretend cow...


The hay maze...

Elijah and Summer's little boy Jack!  They are in class together on Fridays.  Jack cracks me up!  One day after I explained step by step how we were going to make a certain craft, Jack looked up at me and said, "Okay, girl!!  I'm on it!!!" :-)


The first pumpkin Eriky picked up was rotten.  He dropped it, and it smashed into a squishy mess on the ground!  Ooops!


Joshua and his pick...


Sweet Lije...


We had a really good time!  Believe it or not, it was very relaxing and fun!! 

Me and my boys...


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Look at all those sweet boys! And you, sweet friend, get prettier and prettier every year. Love and happy birthday blessings to you today!! :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved