Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Oh, my little cowboy!  Where has the time gone!  Five years old!  I always think five to be a turning point of sorts.  Baby doll, you are not a baby anymore!  You are bold and strong and confident and tender and altogether wonderful!  You are one of the middle men, and sometimes I worry that you, because you go with the flow, will get lost in the mix.  So, I make special effort to celebrate and draw attention to you, little man.  You are low maintenance, sweet one.  Just about anything will do for you.  You are funny and fun and easy to be around.  You are expressive and full of personality!!  I think it would be quite difficult for anyone to not adore you!  You. are. precious.

Love, Mommy

I love to make birthday cakes for my boys.  Yes, it adds to the stress.  Yes, it would be so much easier to buy one.  Yes, it takes time.  And, yes, the bakery cakes taste better.  And, yes, they look a lot better, too.  

But, my cakes have a special ingredient that no bakery on the planet has, and that is....

My cakes have Mommy's love baked right into the batter, and my boys know it! They like to hang out in the kitchen while I'm baking their cakes ~ monitoring my progress!!! They can't wait for their birthday cake to be done....


And, They love to lick the icing!


They may not have memories of having the fanciest, best looking, birthday cakes, but I hope they will remember that Mommy loved making cakes just for them!!!

Lije crashed  an hour or so before his party.  We had to wake him up when his guest arrived...



Jack playing with his little buddy from next door...


Happy fifth birthday, sweet boy!!


Blowing out candles...



Silly big brother...


Brother love for Jack...


 Buddies...


 Happy day to you!


You are loved, little man!!!!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

SUCH beautiful pictures. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Sunshine


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved