Thursday, November 22, 2012

This Thanksgiving...

My heart is overflowing this morning as I think of all the blessings that surround ~ the big things and the little things.

I am thankful for the little things like pumpkin spice candles in my kitchen, coffee every morning made by hands I love. I am thankful for the joy of sipping peacefully as the sun rises each day.  I am thankful for the sweet pitter patter of little feet all over my house.  I am thankful for the little leg hugs from my one year old and the neck snuggles of my 8 month old.  I am thankful for the young man, nine years old, who is growing up before my very eyes.  And, his best friend and seven year old brother, who brings me such joy!  And, those little two directly in the middle that are silly beyond words and make my heart so happy.

I am thankful for this job, my dream job, being homemaker to this family that I love.  I am thankful for the privilege of cooking and cleaning and creating a nest for my little ones to grow in.  I pray it is a safe haven of love and peace and joy for all who enter. Home is warm and cozy but mostly I am thankful because I feel Jesus here.  His presence among us is our greatest joy.  He is welcome here.  Treading  these floors, our God, he is with us ~ guiding us, growing us, loving us.  Oh, how we treasure Him.

I am thankful for the one God gave me to journey this life with.  All my quirks, he knows and loves me still.  Amazing.  Erik gives himself over and over again to us.  He takes care of me, shields me, protects me, yet strengthens and challenges me at the same time.  I could not have conjured up a dream of my future that would have come close to comparing to this life my Lord had planned.  His ways, His ways, always higher, always best.

I am thankful above all for my God who is not safe, not tame, not like us.  My God is a "wild man," and I am thankful that He is not the small God we tend to make Him, but rather He is an unimaginable force that cannot be contained.  And, on that note enjoy these words (before the song) that say so much about this God we serve...


No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved