Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Maybe this one will be a girl. . ."

My boys like to get up early. So, unless I am willing to arise at 5:00, I am not going to get quiet time before they wake up. And, I can assure you that 5:00 a.m. is not going to happen for me - at least not in this stage of my life. So, I have devised a plan. I let them watch a 30 minute video shortly after their father leaves for work. I pour a cup of coffee, push play on the VCR, and pull up a chair for me and Jesus at the kitchen table. It is sweet time.

Well, this morning as I am enjoying my coffee, I look over at my darling children watching Barney. Side by side, they sit on their little couch about 2 inches from the TV screen. Joshua leans over and gives James Christofer a sweet hug, and then, looks back at me saying, "Did you see that, Mommy?" And, I smile and watch them for a few minutes overwhelmed by the love I feel for them. And, I whisper in my heart to God, "I'd take 50 little boys, Lord, if You wanted to give them to me." (A slight exageration on my part - 50 - might be a bit too many. . .) But, I love my boys. And, I don't know what God's plans for our family are, but I will gladly take whatever He gives, with my arms open wide. . .

"Maybe this one will be a girl. . ." is the phrase I have heard about 60 billion times over the past 2 months as I have announced my pregnancy. I have even had a good friend offer to come over and rub her little girls clothes all over me in hopes that something might rub off. Now that tickled me a little bit!! :-) But, I guess what I am trying to say is that if this darling child is a boy, he will be rejoiced over just as much as our first boy was rejoiced over. As I look over at their sweet strawberry blond heads, my heart wells up with joy. Maybe this one will be a girl or maybe this one will be a boy. But, one thing is for certain. . . This one is a gift from a loving God to our family, a blessing, a little life, for me to hold, protect, love, and train with all that God has given me. And, that is the blessing of it all.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Sweet Erin, I'm so glad you're back! I hoped for a girl the third time because I wanted to have both, but I would've been equally thrilled with a third boy--either way, they are blessings, and regardless of gender their little personalities are all so different!

Sending you hugs from Texas:)

Linda said...

This is such a sweet post Erin. I know just what you mean - little boys are very special. Our first two were boys, and then we adopted a little girl. All precious; all, as you said, gifts from God.
I pray for you, health for you and your new little one and a special blessing just because..

Deidre said...

What a sweet post about your boys, Erin. I have 2 girls and after being told I would never have children, I simply rejoiced in just having a child. They are such a blessing. Your boys sound precious. I love to read your posts.

Deidre
www.raisingfutureesthers.blogspot.com

Big Mama said...

What a sweet post. It really doesn't matter what they are as long as they're ours.

Michelle said...

"this one" will be a baby and that is all it takes to melt you into a puddle of Mommy love! I did wish for another little girl with #3 and even had fabric for the nursery all ready to be bought when we found out it was boy #2! He was the missing piece of our puzzle we didn't even realize was missing. (((hugs)))

Barb said...

Oh yes, Erin. A new baby is a blessing, one of life's best blessings, boy or girl. When I was pregnant, both times, I so wanted girls and I got them. Then later I regretted not having a son.

But my daughter Krissy blessed me with a grandson and I ask myself over and over why I ever thought I'd be disappointed if I had a boy. I think it had to do with having four annoying brothers. But on my sweet goodness, my grandson is precious.

I kind of hope you get a girl but you're absolutely right. Another boy would be wonderful, too.

Sara said...

I LOVE the new design. Did you just do that? I checked this morning and it was the old one, I think. Glad to have you back online for entertainment for me. I will love it if you have boys or girls because I will get to watch them grow up. Yeah for me!

Michelle said...

Love the new look!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful!! We're expecting our first boy in February and I gotta admit that I'm a little nervous. It's posts like yours that make me so excited to meet this little guy.

PS I love Susie's design. She did a wonderful job for you!!

Audrey said...

Yep, I've heard that one a few times myself. We have 5 boys then our 6th was our little princess! We are expecting again and I do hope she gets a sister! Let me tell you the longer you wait for your bundle of pink and then finally get her...the more sweet it will be. I soak up her girlyness like sweet honey!!

Although my boys hung the moon!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved