Friday, October 17, 2008

Spirit Day!

In our little town there is only one elementary school, one middle school, one jr. high, and one high school. Thus, the entire community cheers for the same team. Tonight is our high school's homecoming, and for the first time we have a child in the school system.

Now, every Friday is "Spirit Day," and the kids all wear the school colors or t-shirts with the school mascot displayed on them. But, today is an extra special spirit day! Since it is homecoming, the band, the cheerleaders, etc. bring the pep ralley to all the schools including the elementary school! So, Joshua will get to experience his very first pep ralley! How I wish that I could be there when the band marches into the elementary school gym! What a fun day it will be for him! Not to mention the fact that this morning the kindergarten classes went on a "Farm Tour," touring 3 local farms! He will get to pet a 2 week old donkey, sit on tractors, and eat a picnic lunch! And, tonight he will get to stand on the sidelines of the football game with his Daddy.
Yes, today will be a fun day for the little man! And, in honor of this fun day, I made these football brownies for Joshua's class to eat for their snacktime!

And, my sweet JCT had fun helping mama make the footballs!!!

He loves icing ~ chocolate icing & white icing! And, I love him!

1 comment:

Messy and Wonderful said...

You are a pretty stinkin' amazing mom... has anyone ever told you that?


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved