Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First Frost. . .

I had no idea how chilly it was getting until I took the trash out last night. Oh, me, I cannot tell you how good it felt to open the backdoor and enter the warmth of our home. Our home with heat, that is! Erik turned it on for the first time this year last night! When Erik and I climbed into bed last night, he pulled up the comforter that sits lonely all summer at the foot of our bed, and he whispered something about needing to switch our sateen sheets in for our flannel ones.
And, this can only mean one thing. . .
Winter is on its way!
I woke up to frozen grass that glistened and sparkled in the sunlight. So, this morning I celebrated cooler weather with my pumpkin spice candle and a hot cup of coffee. It really doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

Deidre said...

No, it doesn't get much better (except maybe with hot chocolate instead of coffee :)

We turned on our heat for the first time last night as well. The cold temps have taken me by surprise here. I wasn't prepared as far as clothing for E. I have lots to do today .... but, I do love the slower pace that winter brings :)

ohio12 said...

The only thing better would be if it were still summer! I know what you mean about the pumpkin lattes and fall leaves etc, but it has been in the 40s here all week and I am freezing my tush off. I am blogging if you want to check it out!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved