Monday, March 30, 2009

Picking up the Pace. . .

Life has seriously picked up the pace on our family lately. Most of this is due to the Easter Musical at our church ~ lots of practices, lots and lots of practices. And, since Erik, Erik Daniel and I are all in the musical, the entire family goes to every rehearsal. Every year follows the same pattern beginning in the fall. Fall is Erik's most busy season ~ football games on some Thursday nights (Jr. College) and every Friday night (High school). Then, Basketball season hits, and it is less busy because there are far less injuries on the basketball court than on the football field. Then after basketball season is the Easter musical, and after the Easter musical, it is time to rest easy for a few months!! Yay!!! I can't wait! We are almost there!
Here are a few snapshots from our weekend. . .
Does Erik look like Jesus? He has been growing his beard and hair for several months now!
Joshua dressed himself like his Daddy on his own. It only took me like 2 hours to notice that he had changed his clothes to be twinkies with Daddy. I'm seriously not observant. Anyway, they are cute with their little Carolina shirts and Hoosier shorts. Some might not appreciate the combination, but I rather like it ~ my heritage meets my man. A marriage made in heaven!
And, speaking of basketball. . .
It is almost time for Final Four Weekend!!! Woo hoo! I cannot tell you how hard I cheered for MSU ~ almost as hard as I did for UNC. Except I didn't really cheer for UNC because we were in Easter Musical practice. :-( So, my sweet mommy kept me posted on the game by texting me every few minutes with updates. My heart raced every single time I felt my cell phone vibrate! I like Izzo, and I had to route for the Big 10! Yay, for them! But, honestly I hate to see anybody lose this late in the dance. I felt especially sorry for Louisville because I really thought they were going to win it all, and I know that they did, too.
Enough already. . .
Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE little boys!!!! I do! I absolutely adore them!!!! And, here is one reason why. . .
I mean, really, Superman in a diaper on a tractor in red cowboy boots! It just doesn't get anymore little boy than that! And, I LOVE little boys!!!!!!
I picked up these pjs for Lijah at Wally world the other day, and he, of course, wanted to put them on immediately! They even have a velcro-on cape! How adorable! I think his big brothers were jealous, but it didn't come in their sizes!!!!
Oh, and this week Erik's brother's family is coming to visit! So, I'll be back next week sometime! I will have 8 children and 4 adults under my roof this week!! Crazy fun! But, shhhhh, don't tell my boys! I'm surprising them! I can't wait to see their faces when that their sweet cousins have come for a visit!!!!!!!!!!
And, I'll end with a picture of JCT. . .

4 comments:

Deidre said...

My goodness ... I am in love with that little Superman. How cute are those pajamas??

I agree this is a busy time of year and I feel like we're swimming in grace. How else can we get through all the craziness? Our drama is this weekend ... all weekend. I know it's all worth it, but it's tiring.

I pray your family visit goes well .. nothing like family.

Oh and GO HEELS ... just had to squeeze that in :)

Tyna said...

Superman in a diaper!!! Snort, giggle, giggle! Priceless!!

picturesofhisgrace said...

Enjoy your time with Jen and her crew. Ali told me they were coming thru to see them as well. Ali got to come to scrapbook night last week for a little while. Love you!

Sarah said...

I didn't know you're a UNC fan! Chris is psycho for them, after living in Charlotte when he was little. I just like their team colors :)

Have so much fun with Jen, too, and hug her for me--I miss you two so much!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved