Monday, March 23, 2009

Snapshots of the morning. . .

Here we go, back at it once again! After a week of play, I woke up this morning ready to get our life back into some kind of working order.


Yeah, right.
Everything in me wants to throw my hands up and not even attempt to work until the kids are out of the way, and I can truly focus on the task at hand. But, because that realistically won't happen for years, I have to learn to do things in tiny bite sized increments. And, that is hard for this all or nothing girl ~ especially when my home is completely 100% out of control.

Out. Of. Control.

Lest you think I am exaggerating, may I show you what my laundry room looks like this morning. . .



Pretty bad, huh? Just wait it gets worse ~ check this out. . .








The counters I use to fold and sort 6 family members (3 of which are boys who play in the dirt, mud, and sand :-) worth of laundry on top of ~ yeah, like where did they go? I'm determined to find them this week!


It makes me want to scream, but I am helpless to fix it because I have so many other responsibilities which come first. Having a play week last week was fun, but I am going to pay for it this week!



But, it was still worth it, and I'd do it all over again if I could!!!


Anyway, on a more positive note, look at these cuties watching early morning cartoons. . .






And, this is how I attempted to do my Bible study this morning. . .



Is it any wonder that I am a week behind in my homework?

But, he is an awfully cute distraction wouldn't you say?

Elijah is one of those children who eats everything in sight. And, what I mean by that is. . . if you put 5 grape halves in front of him, he will put all 5 in his mouth at one time. He knows no limits. So, I have to feed him bite by bite. I can put, at most, 3 goldfish on his tray at one time or he will fill his mouth until he gags. So, now that I am solid feeding Erik Daniel, lunch looks like this (except imagine me sitting on the end of the bench feeding one cheeto to Lijah, then one spoon full to Erik Daniel, then one more cheeto to Lijah, then one more spoon full. . . you get the idea!). . .


Oh, and the bowl on Elijah's tray is full of peanut butter. He likes to dip his goldfish in peanut butter. If you could zoom in and look closely at Elijah, you would see that he has pb covering his hands, face, and hair! Ahhhhh!
Such is life with little ones!


Learning to coexist. . .



That is what I call these pictures. If Erik Daniel hopes to learn to crawl one day, then these two little men must learn to be in close proximity. Up until now, I have done everything in my power to keep Elijah as far as possible from Erik Daniel. Elijah is, how do I say this?

Wild.

Crazy.

Unpredictable.


So, when you think of it, will you please say a prayer for Erik Daniel's safety.


Thanks.

4 comments:

Deidre said...

I'm just playing catch up here .... those precious boys are growing, growing. Your life sounds crazy .... wonderfully crazy. I love that you would take a week off no matter the cost later. So sweet!

picturesofhisgrace said...

Welcome to my laundry room, Erin! I need to find mine again, too! I can tell there are not many dull moments at your house. Your boys are going to be so close. What fun they will have! It's no telling what Erik Daniel and Elijah will get into when Erik Daniel gets bigger. Noticed the camo pj's the older boys were wearing. Aaron had a pair of those and they don't fit anymore. I loved them! Love you guys!

HW said...

I remember finding it very difficult to have to do my tasks is tiny increments. I didn't realize how goal oriented I was until I became a mother.

When my son was little, he also stuffed his mouth with anything that was bite sized, but if I gave him, say, half a sandwich or a whole waffle, he took appropriate sized bites and didn't stuff his mouth. Not that you asked for advice but it might be worth a try.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

My laundry room is the same way! As a matter of fact, my kitchen counters, bedroom, etc. are similar as well.

I'm an all or nothing gal too and lately I've found the quote "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good," to be very helpful! Fitting, don't you think.

Great pics.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved