Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Rest and Trust


I sat quietly with pen and paper two days ago.  I was alone with hot tea and a head full of dreams, and my pen ran furiously across my paper as I prayed my dreams to Jesus.  I was supposed to be writing about my goals for school this year, but instead of writing about scholastic goals, I found my mind fixed on goals of another kind.

Last year everything was new and a bit intimidating.  This year I am still a bit intimidated, but I am praying to trust and rest and breathe, to live each moment and not be swept away under the workload.  I am praying that my focus will be first and foremost their hearts and souls and then their minds.  A nourished, healthy, full soul will make the learning more of a joy.  It is His world.  All things are His.  All subjects begin and end in Him ~ the detail and precision of math, the story of His world from creation to the present, and the exploration and curiosity of the scientific world.  All things are His, and it is a privilege and a joy to walk this journey.

I am constantly aware of this...

But, I have five boys, and my home can be a tad busy.  And, when I sit down to schedule, I find that I need four more hours than the day gives me!!  And, so, practically, resting and trusting looks something like this...

Sit down, calm down, teach math to Joshua, leave him with work to practice on, deep breath, sip of hot tea, sit down beside JCT, teach JCT math, leave him with work to practice on, deep breath, long sip of hot tea, and on it goes....

So, my prayers/goals for this year are simply summed up in this...

Rest.... Trust.... Slow.... Breathe Deeply.... Smile easily....  Laugh loudly.... Grow.... Embrace the moment.... and Enjoy the journey....

Each day is truly a gift.

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved