Friday, April 06, 2012

Making Me Smile...



Oh, the things I am hearing around my house these days!!  My heart smiles just thinking of all the comments my boys have made lately that have cracked me up!!!  Here is a sampling...

*  The morning after Erik and I brought our sweet Emery girl home from the hospital, Nana got her up from the bassinet in our room and brought her into the family room.  She began to change her diaper on the ottoman.  Instantly, she had an audience.  All four of Emery's oldest brothers gathered around to watch. :-)  I was in the kitchen pouring that first sweet cup of coffee when I overheard the following...

"Wow! She really doesn't have a po po!!!"

And, then someone else chimed in...

"Why, I've never seen anything like that in my life!!!"

*  Nana took the boys to Sonic for lunch after a morning at the park.  I always order grilled cheese Wacky Packs for the boys.  When Elijah refused to eat his grilled cheese, Nana asked, "But, Elijah, I thought you used to like grilled cheese?"  To which he answered...

"Yes, I used to like it, but that was before I knew what it tasted like!!"

*  My boys have been very interested in cowboys lately.  They have been playing "Western" in the backyard every afternoon.  I was doing school with the big boys when I heard myself say words I never thought I'd hear coming out of my own mouth.  In exasperation I said to James...

"Put the gun down and do your math!!!!"

Ha! :-)

*  Then, this morning I walked in my bedroom and Miss Em's diaper had exploded up her back and all over her outfit and the bassinet sheet.  It was one of those moments where you aren't really sure where to begin...  So, I stood there assessing the situation when Lije walked into the room.  He calmly walked over to the bassinet, and then stunned at what he saw exclaimed...

"Oh! Wow! I did not know girls went poo poo!!  I did not know that!!!!  I thought girls just went TT!!  I didn't know they went poo poo, too!!!"

I have a feeling Emery is going to teach these boys a lot of things they did not know about little girls!!!!

*  I text this picture to Erik the other day because this is one of my favorite expressions that Erik Daniel makes....


He text back, "Looks like he exclaims at a poop so big it came out her back..."

I looked again at the picture.  Well, sure enough she did have a stain on her back.  So, then I looked up from where I was sitting to the real baby girl laying in the Moses basket, and sure enough it was there, too!  I had not even noticed!!!!  Leave it to Erik 5 + miles away at his clinic, to observe something I missed, something right in front of me!! :-)

Life is crazy around here, but it is good.  We have a lot to be thankful for, and a lot of reasons to smile!!! :-)

2 comments:

HW said...

Oh the mysteries of young ladies!

When we were potty training our daughter, our son walked by the bathroom and said "what are you doing?" I said "teaching KaylaBeth to go potty." And he very seriously said "oh she can't do that...she doesn't have a penis."

(Of course when she was 12 - he shook his head at us and said "you two will never get her raised...")

Such joy in your household. Thanks fo sharing. I know you enjoy your boys but surely all that pink brings a smile to your face(?)

Ben and Mal said...

Love this, Erin! Great memories for everyone...and I'm a baby girl with lots of older brothers and an older sister...they will be telling these stories about her for her whooooole life :-)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved