Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Lately...


I've been taking a lot of pictures of sunsets lately.  Maybe they are prettier toward the end of summer?  Or, maybe I have just been noticing them lately?  I cannot believe the sun has set on summer vacation.  Where did time go?  I had so many plans, so many things that I hoped to accomplish....

But, time has moved too quickly, and I have been too busy.  I'm afraid if it wasn't for this blog I might not remember one single thing about this summer ~ except the chaos...

Due to the renovation, we have a lot of extra stuff everywhere!  Our dining/school room is filled to the brim.  We are not able to do school in there this fall!  And, our foyer is our temporary playroom! (cringe!!)  Here is James reading in our very cluttered foyer...


And, that picture alone shows that even amidst the craziness we have been able to maintain some sort of routine and flow to our days.  But, all in all, this summer has been a challenge for this mama in so many ways.

The boys, however do not seem to notice the challenges.  They are having a fun summer just being little boys!

 Slipping and Sliding in the MUD...
 Squish, squish between the toes...

One day things like this...


And, this....



will be distant memories. :-(  I love finding their toys in odd places.  Makes me smile :-)

I also love watching them play...


A stack of favorite books!  I love Children's literature!


Joshua put his hand in an ant bed!!! Ouch!


And, I don't have a picture, but JCT got stung by a red wasp while we were playing at the park with friends.  This was our first sting!  None of the boys have been stung before this.  I'm sure there will be many more!

In other news the addition is coming along, bit by bit...


Nana came for a quick visit before we began school...



JCT loves to do experiments with freezing things.  This time he froze soapy water.  I'm not sure where he comes up with this stuff!  The frozen soapy water had the consistency of snow!  He was very pleased with his results!


Due to some unfortunate circumstances involving our sewer system, our contractor had to blaze a trail through several acres of our woods.  The boys love the trail he created! Fun for them, not for us!


I looked out the window one day last week and saw this...


I had to laugh out loud!!!!  They are too cute, and they don't even know it!

James likes to freeze his toys in water.  After he does this, and he does it quite often, he either takes the frozen toys outside and throws them on the ground until the ice all breaks off, or he puts them in hot water and watches the ice melt off of them.  He is a funny kid!


And, one more sunset to say goodbye...



2 comments:

Katina said...

Awww, love the fun it looks like your guys are having! My kids freeze everything too!!!

Sunshine said...

I laughed so hard when I saw the little toy guy in the ice bucket. Not too long ago I opened up the fridge and found the hop scotch bean bag next to a squished stick of butter :). My little one loves to find the butter sticks and squeeze them. She puts them right back in the fridge when she done :) I love your blog. It is one of my favorite stops. Sunshine


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved