Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Home to me. . .


I love this man with all my heart! I adore him, and that is a very good thing since I promised to live with him for as long as we both shall live! He is perfect - for me, anyway!! One minute he is cracking me up, and the next minute he is ready to sit down, look me straight in the eyes (this is very important to me :-), and have a very serious heart to heart talk about whatever I feel the urge to discuss. He listens to my ramblings. To be honest, I think he finds them rather amusing. And, even though I worry about virtually everything and he worries about absolutely nothing, he still, with great patience and love, listens to me and encourages me. (Huge run-on! Sorry, Sarah!) He is truly the most selfless person I have ever met. And, he takes care of me, good care of me, and I am so safe with him. My respect and adoration for him has only grown with each passing year. He still gives me butterflies. . .

I thought that I would share a poem I wrote for him for our 7th wedding anniversary. Sarah, again, have mercy on me. I am a nurse not a writer. . .

Home to Me
You are home to me,
My strong leader, my rock,
and my safe peaceful place,
where I love to be. . .
You are calm, steady, not easily shaken,
my true constant in this rocky world.
You are my passion, my laughter,
my joy, and my peace.
You are to me strength and gentleness,
confidence and humility.
Your eyes are soft with love,
Your voice tender with grace.
Your right hand is driven and hardworking,
Your left hand is generous and giving.
You are my close reflection of Christ,
Making Him real to me through the example of your life.
Your eyes are ever outside yourself,
always alert to the needs of those around you.
And, quick is your response to meet those needs.
You model selflessness and patience in everything you do.
And, when I am worried and full of fear,
it is with your whole heart you listen,
and with your embrace you comfort me.
You are all things good and true.
You are faithful and unchanging,
day after day and year after year.
How blessed am I to find my earthly refuge in your shadow.
You are my protection,
and in your arms I am treasured and secure.
My precious guide,
as we journey this life together,
it matters not where we live or what we do. . .
If you are beside me, then I am home.
You, my Love, are home to me,
My safe peaceful place,
I will never leave.
I love you, Erin

7 comments:

Linda said...

Erin, I love poetry, and that is an absolutely beautiful poem. I kept thinking of the verse that tells a husband to love his wife as Christ loves the church. It sounds like that is exactly what your husband is doing. We are so blessed when God places the perfect mate in our lives. What a wonderful tribute to your guy!
PS Great job on the pictures! My daughter helped me do a few things on my blog this past weekend, and I felt like I had won a huge victory!! We're learning!

This Journey of Mine said...

So sweet....

Sarah said...

And I have goosebumps . . . (Hey, that's grammatically incorrect--you see, blogging just doesn't count! So quit worrying about me:) )

I remember the poems you wrote that your mom had framed in their house! I love reading your writing; you may be blessed to have Erik (He IS a great guy!!), but he is equally blessed to have you:)

Girl Raised in the South said...

Beautiful poetry, really. Anything written from the heart is wonderful. I'm sure he treasures this, as he obviously treasures you.

Anonymous said...

oh how beautiful. thank you for sharing.

Michelle said...

I love reading posts about a true, God blessed love! Thanks.

Jenna Lane said...

I definitely just hand copied this to my journal for my future spouse. I quoted your by-line and put it in quotes. But surely this is a beautiful representation of the love we shall reserve for our earthly other halfs!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved