Saturday, March 08, 2008

Having Snow Much Fun. . . in March!!

It only happens like once a year, so when it does we rejoice! And, this year it completely surprised us and came in March. I had seriously given up hope that the boys would get to play in snow this year, but God is good, and it finally came! It was the answer to a mama's silly prayer - a snow day! It began snowing Friday afternoon, and needless to say, the boys were delighted!



After running around and catching a few snowflakes on our tongues, we went inside and put the "snow" on our calendar! We have had this calendar for a year, and this is the first time we have been able to use the little snowflake!!



We woke up this morning to a winter wonderland of sorts. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed sipping coffee and looking out my kitchen window at this. . .

and this. . .


I seriously think heaven will have a snow section! The snow was so beautiful and so fun! It sparkled in the sunlight like there was glitter tossed on top of it! Beautiful.




This is my Joshua making a snow-angel.


And, this is JCT "makin' footpwints!"



This is my JCT laying in the snow about to make one of his sweet angels!



The boys enjoyed making snow-angels, and they enjoyed licking icicles. They enjoyed shoveling the snow with their sand toys, and they enjoyed playing with their trains in the snow. They enjoyed making tracks through the fresh untouched snow, and they enjoyed making a snowman. But, do you know what they found to be the best fun of all?

Snowball Fighting!!!
The picture above is Joshua about to launch part of our snowman's body! You can see that the snowball fight (Joshua and JCT against Daddy) was the most important part of the Day!
One of his older brother's, included Elijah in the snowball war! Bless his heart, he didn't like it one bit!
All in all it was great fun. . .
even if it only lasted for one day.
And, now we are on to more important things, like spring.
It is supposed to be 55 tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Kari C in SC said...

Wow! That is beautiful! We were in Florida for 17 years and my kids have never seen snow. Now, we are in SC and it doesn't snow here either. This is not about snow, but I would like to know where you got that terrific calendar? I am a homeschool mom and I just loved it. Thaks for sharing the fun pictures.

Karen said...

Glad they were able to get in on some winter fun. We were blasted again, but we live in northern Ohio. I posted MORE snow pics today. :)

Kelly @ Love Well said...

A snow day followed by a day with temps in the mid-50s doesn't sound so bad. It's when it last from November to mid-April that it gets old.

(Except for the kids. It's always magical to them, be in December or April or June.)

Sara said...

Erin, your snow looks nice and manageable. In my city, we got two feet. In 24 hours. My car is still in the garage as we haven't been able to shovel our whole driveway! Like you, I eagerly await spring!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved