Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An Autumn Evening!

I think the high yesterday was 73, and it was perfectly beautiful ~ clear blue skies and a soft breeze. I'm not sure if it was the weather or what it was, but I decided in the middle of the day yesterday that we were going to have a fun fall dinner. . . outside!!!!!!! So, I swept the back porch and cleaned off our outdoor table. Then I just played and played making it look festive and fun. JCT helped me make fall cupcakes during naptime, and after we picked up Joshua from school, we went to Wal-mart to pick out some mums and pumpkins to surprise Daddy with when he came home!

The finished product. . .


A close up of Lacy's YUMMY Salad. . .

And, what were the boys up to while I was so busy preparing dinner and table decorations. . .


They were playing with a frog. . .

Bless his poor little heart!

3 comments:

jeni said...

That salad looks delicious! Do you have a recipe? What kind of dressing do you use? Can't wait until it feels more like fall here. It's finally dropped into the high 80s here with soon to be 60s in the morning! Yay! Not sure how long it will last, but I'll take what I can get!

jbowlin93 (at) embarqmail (dot) com

Erin said...

Give me a day or two, Jeni, and I will email it to you!

LaQuetha said...

This salad looks so good. Can I get the recipe? laquetha@gmail.com


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved