Friday, September 04, 2009

Birthday Party X 2

We had a few close friends and family over to our home last weekend to celebrate Elijah's second birthday and Erik Daniel's first birthday. And, here are a few pics of the special evening. Here are the cakes. The "e" cake and the dump truck were Elijah's cakes, and the number 1 cake was Eriky D's special cake.


I have made a lot of cakes for my sons over the years ~ many of which have been 3 dimensional. But, for some reason the "e" cake was my husbands favorite cake of any that I have ever made! Go figure! The number 1 cake was very fun to decorate. I cut out tin foil circles and lay them on the cake then iced around them. I added the colored icing last. Super easy, and I thought it turned out cute!


In the truck I just put chunks of chocolate cake layered with a chocolate pudding and cream cheese mixture. And, I had to throw in some gummy worms for fun!!! :-)

Now, I could eat him up. . .


Mommy and her big boy!


The Grill Master! :-)


Pretty girls. . .


My sweet Mommy and me. . .


Lijah blowing out his candle. . .


I did what Kate (of Jon and Kate) does for her sextuplets. We sang "Happy Birthday" twice ~ once to Lije and once to Eriky D.

Elijah likes cake, oh, yes ma'am, he does like cake. . .



Pop and Joshua. . .

Pop and Eriky D. . .


The one and only. . . James Christofer Truett! (I love that kid!)

Special friends. . .


Cutie Quin was all partied out. . .

This is Erik Daniel with his friend Sam (see picture below). We put them together in Erik Daniel's play-yard. The only problem was that Erik Daniel kept bopping sweet Sam on the head. My sweet and gentle baby boy bopping his friend on the head. . .


Doesn't Sam have gorgeous eyes!!!! But, in between every couple of bops, Eriky D. would stop and kiss him on top of his head!!! He's a lover not a fighter!!!! :-)


I must end with a little brother-love! These two have a special bond! I love it!


So sweet!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Erin, your cakes are always so good! I need to call you for a lesson--Grayson's birthday is coming up!!

Love all the pictures of those red-headed boys :) And I love seeing pictures of you!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved