Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan ~ AK.A. Would You Like a Side of Zofran with Your Sprite and Crackers?

Needless to say, I had to scratch my weekly menu plan for last week due to a version of the stomach virus.

Can I say something?

I HATE the stomach virus. I HATE it with a vengeance. I fear vomiting. I fear it something fierce. This is nothing new. I have been this way my whole life. But, now I have children, and after years of being on hiatus, the stomach virus has reentered my life. And, I am not happy about it ~ not happy at all. Thankfully, I did not vomit this time around. Although, I cannot say the same for all of my children.

My mother and I counted up all the times that I had the stomach virus while living at home from age 0 to age 18. And, do you know how many times I had the stomach virus?

3.

Three times ~ that is it. And, I can tell you in detail about each time. I can tell you what I ate earlier that day, where I went, who I was with, even what I was wearing.

Guess how many times I have had the stomach virus since it reentered my life a year and a half ago?

3.

Three times in less than 2 years.

I think someone needs to come up with a vaccine. Please God!

But, until they do I will remain addicted to sublingual Zofran. We keep our home medicine cabinet stocked with it ~ just in case. And, I rest better at night just knowing it is there waiting if I need it.

So, last week we did not eat dinner from Tuesday night until Saturday night. We just sipped carbonated beverages and ate crackers. So, this week we will eat the meals originally planned for last week!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Erin, I am right there with you on your feelings about stomach viruses. I fear it, hate it, wish there was a vaccine for it. Hope you all are feeling much better! Enjoy your delicious meals this week!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh no! Hope you actually get to eat the meals this week!

HW said...

Is that Zofran a prescription drug?

I really fear vomiting also. I'd rather be stuck with 100 needles than be nauseated and vomiting. I've never found an OTC drug that combats it, though.

Hope you feel better.

Sarah said...

Ack! Erin, I can't believe you guys got it AGAIN! No fun!! We keep Phenergan in our closet, too, because we seem to get more than our fair share of it. Maybe it's a good thing we don't live closer to each other! We might have it twice as often!!

I hope this week is much, much better :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved