Sunday, January 09, 2011

Winter Storm

This is a wonderful Sunday afternoon. We are bracing for my favorite kind of storm, a winter storm. My favorite storm, when I have nowhere to go, that is. And, for the next few days I have nothing scheduled outside my home. My pantry and refrigerator are stocked sufficiently, and I am content to enjoy some quiet downtime within the walls of my favorite place on earth.

I have checked weather.com one thousand times getting updates and checking radars. Outside the world is cold and dreary and peaceful, and inside the fire is going, some boys are sleeping and some are playing board games. The house is quiet. It seems all the world is quiet ~ activities are being cancelled right and left. Families are staying home, enjoying a quiet winter day. What a blessing!

My heart is so thankful. Thankful for my weary traveler of a husband home safe and sound on U.S. soil once again. Thankful for my sweet mom who came to keep me company and help with the boys while he was away. Thankful for my boys who make me smile like no other human beings on the planet. Thankful most of all to be journeying through life with a Guide like no other. My God weaves His perfect ways throughout my life even amidst my silliness. Thankful to be able to look back and see His sovereign hands at work in my little insignificant world. Thankful for winter storms and snowflakes and happy mittened hands!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved