Friday, December 21, 2007

Here's What's New on Our Walls. . .

Before I had children of my own, I would visit friends and relatives who made their houses virtual shrines to their children. Pictures of their little ones covered literally every wall in their home. I remember telling Erik early on, that we would never do that! We would have a picture here or there, but not everywhere!

Never say never.

Our walls are covered in pictures of our little men. And, I won't apologize for it. I love to look at pictures of my little ones, and I live here. So, little red-headed boys it is!!! :-)

I recently got these three pictures framed and hanging on the walls. I love this first one, I think mostly because I can feel it deep in my heart. I love my babies, and I always want to remember the moments of holding them close. They don't stay little long enough- I am learning that already!! I am hoping in 30 years when Elijah is a grown man that I will be able to look at this picture and remember what it felt like to hold him close, to feel his head on my shoulder, his body limp completely given out to tiredness, his soft fuzzy head against my cheek, his smooth baby skin, his sweet baby smell. . .

Okay, now this one is my favorite, hands down. It stops me in my tracks daily. I love how close it is! You can see the sugar wetness on his lips and the sparkle in his eyes. Love it! Elijah's wife will want this picture one day, but I'm not sure I'll be able to hand it over before I leave for heaven. I love to look at it!


Now, I love this one because it is the perfect representation of my big boys personalities. The photographer was attempting to get a picture of Erik holding both boys hands, but JCT refused to cooperate. He wouldn't face the right way, he wouldn't hold Daddy's hand, etc. So, Erik laughingly picked him up by his ankles, and the photographer grabbed the shot. The look on Joshua's face is priceless as he watches his unruly brother hang upside down! This picture is so typical of our daily life with these two unique personalities, and that is why I love it so much!


I love pictures because they capture moments. Moments that might otherwise be forgotten. Precious fleeting moments that are made timeless.

15 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Wow Erin. Those pictures are gorgeous. Your photographer did a great job. And really, they are good enough to qualify as artwork and not just "photos of the kids." So you've covered both bases, if you want my opinion.

Deidre said...

Great pictures. I love all of them, but the last one is so sweet. I love pictures that capture 'real' moments.

I said the same thing before I had children - that I would never have pictures all over my home. Now, they are everywhere! I wouldn't want to be surrounded by anything else.

Jen said...

What beautiful pictures! I love it when pictures take you back to a certain time and those certainly will.

Donnetta said...

Fabulously Wonderful!!

Tara Lee said...

Great pictures!
I also have pictures everywhere of my three little girls.

I've been enjoying your blog - you are a great writer and your love for your boys is clearly evident!!

Kim said...

So beautiful, Erin! We have lots of pictures,too...I love the last one...that is so cute!

Sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshine said...

I am sorry I deleted my comment - I wanted to say the pictures are precious. I have an amazing story about our minister from KY (he told about Jim Elliott and Stephen Curtis Chapman...) - I checked with my husband and two of the important details I cannot remember...
so I deleted the comment and will repost the story once I know for sure. I heard it five years ago and it is one of those stories that so marked my faith journey I want to share it...just need to make sure what I say is what he said :) anyhow sorry for such a long comment :) Sunshine

oh and Merry Christmas!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh Erin! I think my heart sighed just looking at those pictures! I couldn't bear to part with them either. So lovely!

Fun With Five said...

the last pic is priceless! i love it, and it makes me smile because my middle son would be doing the EXACT same thing...:)

Kim said...

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! I love the one of Elijah and his precious baby face :)

Musings of a Housewife said...

Those are GORGEOUS! Are those all from snap shots? Or were the professional photographs?

The one of you holding your baby is sublime. I wish I had something like that.

(Found your blog from Big Mama's blogroll.)

Kelly said...

What wonderful pictures!

Jessica said...

I'm over from BigMama's blogroll. Your children are beautiful and I LOVE the 3rd picture of the boys! Nice to "meet" you and I hope you have a great 2008!

NYC said...

These pictures are gorgeous!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved