Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007 Recap

Unfortunately, we did not make a special trip to the mall to visit Santa this year. But, thanks to Joshua and his creative mind, the boys got to visit Santa in our very own family room!



For the first time ever we spent Christmas at home - just our family of 5!! The big boys came downstairs and crawled into bed with us just a little after seven on Christmas morning!! We had a slow, relaxing, lazy Christmas morning, and then we enjoyed a delicious Christmas dinner at Sean and Deana's. Thanks, Mrs. Diane and Deana B., for a wonderful, wonderful meal!!

I must mention,so I won't forget, that I took the boys shopping at Wal-Mart to pick out whatever they wanted to give Daddy. What did they choose? A kickball and the game Hungry, hungry hippos! Merry Christmas, Baby!

Then, on the 26th we headed to my parent's home. My sister, her husband, and their 8 children met us there! Talk about alot of fun and activity!!!!!

The first thing we did is a family tradition for my brother, sister, and I. My Dad reads the Christmas story and the children act it out. We've come along way since the days when Kristin, Kelly, and I acted out all the parts!

My Daddy reading the Christmas story from the book of Luke.


This is a picture of the angels, and JCT and I are shepherds - sore afraid!


And, now the three kings. . .


A picture of my sweet king and me!


After the Christmas pagent, it was time to open presents!!

Joshua's favorite gift. . . He is still carrying Larry the pirate around! Notice his shirt!


Kase and Joshua seemed to have bonded sweetly over this holiday. . .


My Daddy and a few of the kiddos. . .


A little friendly competition. . .


My sweet, sweet sister. . . She looks so comfortable with a baby in her arms! Wonder why?


Then, my sister's family went home for one of her son's basketball games, and my brother's family came! Whew!

My sister and Cecilia are both past the "baby stage." They are glad about that fact, but they both still love to hold babies. So, I basically hand off Elijah to either Kristin or Cecilia at every family gathering. And, Peyton, oh, sweet Peyton, she loves babies, too. She gave my 'Lijah so much love!!!! I love that girl and her sweet sister, too!!!



And, a holiday with my brother, Kelly, is never boring! If I tried to explain how much fun he is, my words would not do him justice! He is so sweet, so funny, so great!!!!!! I may be 30+, but I still believe that my big brother hung the moon. . . and the stars. . . and anything else that hangs up high!!! And, here he is with Avery and JCT!


This was really a nice Christmas - so much fun! It was a holiday of sipping coffee in pjs with people I love tremendously.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love the idea of acting out the Christmas story. What sweet memories :)

Fresh Girl said...

What a beautiful family Christmas! I'm so glad y'all had a good one. :)

Happy New Year!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved