Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Renovation Pics - Kitchen, Family Room and Sunroom!!!!!

Okay, now let's see. . . In the kitchen we pretty much changed everything. Hands down, the best decision we made regarding the renovation was the decision to tear down the wall between the kitchen and the family room. I cannot tell you how many times each day I think about how glad I am that there is no wall separating me from my family. I can prepare lunches and watch Elijah crawl in the family room. I can cook dinner and watch Rachel Ray. And, the best part is that when I clean up after dinner I am not isolated in the kitchen. I feel like I get to be a part of the fun - even if I am washing dishes and cleaning counters. I love my new kitchen! I still have to pinch myself from time to time!!



This is a before picture of the kitchen table. Not much "big" changed here - molding, flooring, doors, hardware, and paint color.




After. . .






Now your back is to the table. Before. . .




After!!! I love my huge undermounted sink!! Great for cleaning babies and high-chair trays!



This is the wall that we had Mr. Cole tear down. Thank you, oh, thank you, Mr. Cole!!





The new cabinets utilize the corner in a much more efficient way! There is a little garage door type of cabinet on the counter in the corner. I store my upright mixer, can opener, toaster, and coffee grinder in that wonderful little space! Oh, and that column isn't for looks. It houses a large steel column for support - just in case you were wondering!




Okay, now we will move into the family room. Sorry the picture of the old french doors is so bad, but it is all I have! I think you can get the idea. We wanted a fireplace so badly, and that is why the french doors had to go. I really hated to see them go, but I love having a cozy little fireplace for winter evenings!!

Before. . .

Same wall after. . .

Another view before. . .

And, after. . .

Sunroom (a.k.a. Rain's room) before. . .

And, after. . .

That is all for my second installment! Can't wait to show you the rest!!!

10 comments:

Kim said...

I love renovation pictures! We are building an addition (about 700 sq. feet) that should be finished by months end. I have posted a few outside shots, but I can't wait to get inside and start decorating! I love your taste in colors and furniture. That kitchen is gorgeous!

Donnetta said...

Beautiful!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Oh my goodness, Erin! I'm a sucker for all before-and-after pictures (did you ever watch that show on HGTV?), but these would impress anyone. Fantastic job, and way to tear down that wall. It was a bold move, but it paid off in a big way.

I look forward to more!

Fresh Girl said...

Oh my goodness, I love your kitchen! Those black cabinets are fantastic. Everything's really beautiful.

Kelly said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love your colors and the black cabinets are so striking...makes me want to renovate immediately:-)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh my goodness... What a beautiful, gorgeous home you have Erin. I absolutely adore your kitchen and I agree, the wall removal was a genius idea. =) Thanks for sharing these pictures!

Jen said...

Wow! I love the kitchen! It looks totally different and so open!

His Doorkeeper said...

You have shown such good taste in your remodel. I love what you did in your kitchen. Taking down that wall just makes your kitchen wonderful! Good job!

Wendy said...

Looks beautiful! I like the kitchen cabinets w/the stainless steel.

Kim said...

Lovely!!! I like the black cabinets,too! Your doggie looks so comfy in your new family room!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved