Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Peace to My Ears. . .


There is nothing that I love more than a rainy day, a cup of coffee, and my Alli Rogers CD playing in the background. I first heard Alli when she opened for Shawn McDonald at a local church's coffee house style concert. She walked out on stage with her long hair in a pony tail wearing a t-shirt and jeans. And, it didn't take long for me to see that she had great insight and amazing depth not only as an artist but also as a person ~ a thinking, observing, contemplating kind of person. And, I remember watching her thinking if I could sing or write music that is exactly the way that I would do it. I guess maybe it was just something about her heart that I connected with deep inside myself. So, I bought her CD ~ A Day of Small Things, and I played it over and over for weeks. . . And, I fell in love. . .

Then, I bought 5 more copies and gave them out to friends.

Her music is peace to my soul. You have to listen to each deeply thoughtful word, and I love that. She is beautiful inside and out, and if you've never heard her, you should take a listen.

Her newest CD You and the Evening Sky is amazing, as well. With my personal favorite songs being: Closer To the Moon and I Caught Sight. But, all the songs are so good that it is hard to choose! And, her Christmas CD was incredible!

So, anyway, remember when I said that I gave out her CDs to my friends. Well, Sara, one of the lucky recipients, called me one day this past October and said, "Hey, I'm thinking about having Alli Rogers do a home concert at my house for the Christmas holidays. What do you think?" And, I seriously almost fainted! "Are you kidding? In your home! Alli Rogers! I think it's a splendid idea!" And, so it happened a few weeks ago, and I am pleased to announce that I got to chit chat with Mrs. Alli, and she is just as precious in person as I thought that she would be! She is pregnant with her first little one, and I love pregnancy, babies, and all things related, so we had much to talk about!

Here is a picture of Me, Alli, and Sara. . .


So, in case you've ever wondered what our home sounds like. . .
Now you know.
Well, that and add a little crying, laughing, yelling, and banging things together. . .
And, that is a more accurate description!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, Erin! I'm so excited for you! I love the CD you gave me--I'll have to get her new one, too! She's great!!

newman said...

interesting read,

kepp up the good work


newman

Kelly said...

Oh, I listened to some of her songs- love it! I'm ordering her set of cd's today and can't wait until they arrive:-)
Thanks for the recommendation.

Kathy said...

I enjoy her music as well. A friend of hers gave me her cd and couple of years ago and we've been hooked ever since. (We really enjoyed her Christmas EP as well)

That looks like such a wonderful time.

Blessings!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved