Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In the early hours...

Saturday night I couldn't sleep.  I woke up around 3, and by 4 I was tired of just laying there, so I headed to the kitchen.  I made a pot of coffee and spent precious time alone ~ only I wasn't alone...


It was pure peace to my soul ~ the quiet, the coffee, and Jesus, sweet time with Jesus.  As I sat there in my dimly lit kitchen in the wee hours of the morning, I poured my heart out to God.  And, after a little while, I scribbled this down in my journal...

This morning...

I will choose freedom and joy.
I will move more slowly and think more deeply.
I will not compare.
I will be content.
I will not hurry my loves.
I will be patient. 
I will focus on each precious child ~ encouraging him, praising him ~ seeing the good, the natural gifting of God in him. And, I will seek to grow these things for God's glory.
I will be mindful and thankful.  I am so blessed.
I will attempt to make learning fun and practical.
I will not look to the left or the right ~ but only look into the eyes of my Savior.


2 comments:

Linda said...

Erin, you have such a precious heart. Your words always bless. Praying His peace and presence fill your heart and home.

Kristi said...

Wow! What a great post! I am bad about "spoon feeding" our learners, and I am seeing the results in that in our soon to be
9th grader. I need to work on improving in this area in my teaching with our other four! I would love sometime (in all of your free time :) for you to explain some of what you think this looks like everyday in lessons. I want my kids to be independent thinkers/learners, but I know I have to guide them there...Thanks again for such a thought provoking post. It is good to be back on your blog. I remember years ago finding you through Sarah's blog :).


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved