Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday's Gratitude

Today was a stretching day.  I literally felt myself being stretched and grown.  It hurt a little.  Maybe it was just a Monday, but I think it was more.  The pulling, the tugging, the everyday sort of challenges that stretch me and change me.  And, even for this I am thankful!

This week is very full for our family.  This week will go quickly by as I grope for spare moments here and there...

Today I am so thankful for...

*  Bare trees and overcast skies ~ winter is on its way, no doubt about it!
*  Jack's rosy cheeks.
*  The warm glow of lights on the Christmas tree, all day, making me so happy!
*  My Jesus leaving the Pharisees speechless in John this morning.
*  Winter skies thick with white clouds that make me think of snow ~ even when it is 40+ degrees outside!
*  A son crying over not wanting to do wrong.  Praying for Jesus to forgive.
* James asking as we drove by a building with a sign that said "FLEA MARKET" on it, "Mom, why would anyone sell fleas!!!!" Making me laugh out loud!
*  I'm thankful that the play doh Jack choked on today (oops) got stuck in his esophagus and not his trachea!!!!!!!
*  Four sweet boys deep into drawing and creating with various mediums for most of the afternoon.
* A quiet night with a few things checked off my to do list.
*  A God Who gently reminds me daily of the things that really matter when I get sidetracked on the insignificant things.  Love Him!

1 comment:

LaQuetha said...

I am loving your thankful posts. It is reminding me to write down all the things I am thankful for.
thanks for sharing


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved