Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Little Things. . .


It is the little things that tug at my heart. My little boy's feet, their sweet little toes. It is hearing them cry for "Mama" when they get hurt. The softness of their silky red hair. The way JCT runs up to me and hugs my leg. Joshua asking me every night to sing his two special songs to him. JCT's baby voice singing "Good Morning to You!!!" each morning. The sound of their laughter. Watching them roll around on the ground wrestling and playing. Listening to their little backseat conversations. Bathtime play and bedtime routines. Watching JCT drift slowly off to sleep as I sing to him each night. The softness of Joshua's cheeks on my lips as I kiss him goodnight. The feel of Elijah kicking inside me. It is the little things that catch me off guard each day and move me to praise my God. Thank You, God, for the little things.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetness.... and love the picture.

Kelly said...

I can so identify with that sentiment- my joy is truly in the little things God uses to touch me. When the girls finally go to bed and the house is quiet, all it takes is a glimpse of their little shoes by the door to fill my heart.(which is really a blessing- because during the day the same sight makes me wonder if they will ever get those shoes IN the closet! Something about sleeping kids softens my perspective.)

Big Mama said...

I am such a fan of little feet. Caroline has to tell me several times a day to leave her feet alone.

It is indeed the little things.

Linda said...

Those are the things that make life so wonderful. I can still hear those little voices. Now I hear them in my grandchildren. I think, Erin, it is a special gift to appreciate those simple blessings and treasure them. You are a special young woman.
Thank you for your sweet comment. I love spending time visiting you. You always bless my heart.

Anonymous said...

It isn't always easy to stop and pay attention to the little things...but it is rewarding.

Anonymous said...

ok first off I love that picture. did you take it?

secondly, I agree with you 100%

Anonymous said...

I just love little toes. And you are so right, its the LITTLE things that mean the most!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet heart you have as a Mommy:) Your boys are blessed!

Donnetta said...

Thank you God... indeed!!

Precious. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet. And what a perfect picture.

Anonymous said...

So very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Those are the things we have to hold onto for the moments when they're screaming. Good thing they're so cute. =)

Anonymous said...

That picture is amazing--you should change it to black and white and frame it somewhere in your house! (In fact, that's such a good idea I think I'm going to go do the same thing!!)

Oh, Erin, I miss you more now that I've seen you recently! Your precious spirit never fails to make me smile!! You fine thing, you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Amen & Amen!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved