Monday, January 15, 2007

Reunited. . . and it feels so good!


We got our beloved pet back this weekend after a 3 month separation. I knew that Angie (a friend of ours who keeps him for us) would be bringing him to us sometime Saturday afternoon/evening. And, all I could think was, "Ugh, here we go - more added to my plate." I must admit I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at our present state of chaos. I am a little OCD about order in my home, and this move is making me crazy!! But, what I did not realize was how much joy having Rain back home would bring my boys! Joshua couldn't keep his hands off Rain all evening. He kept saying, "I love you, Rain. I love you! Thanks for coming home, Rain."


I must say that it is nice to hear those long ears flap when he shakes his head. And, it is nice to see that soft grey body laying around the house once again. But, the best part of it all is that now Erik and I get to take our little evening strolls back and forth in front of the house with Rain after the boys go to bed.

10 comments:

Southern Girl said...

That's so great, Erin! There's not much sweeter than a boy and his dog, unless it's two boys and their dog. ;)

Anonymous said...

THIS is the cutest picture I've seen in a long time, two brothers all tangled up together with their long lost pet. It has such a cozy, loving, innocent feel. They are ALL precious. Really, I can't look at this picture enough! Adorable.

Shawna said...

that picture is the sweetest!

Linda said...

That is an adorable picture Erin. I still have such special memories of the dog we had when I was growing up. He was a huge part of our lives. There's just something so sweet about dogs. Perhaps it is that unconditional love. Yeah - I think that's it.
Thank you for your sweet comment. I can't tell you how special I think you are.

Big Mama said...

I love that picture. It is about one of the sweetest things ever.

Kelly said...

Such a sweet picture! I think all three are very happy to be together again!

Elizabeth said...

Erin,

Here from In the Midst of It. (I'm trying to be less of a lurker!) I always get a sense of peace and serenity from your reflections. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Deidre said...

How precious, Erin. Looks like they are ready for things to get back to normal, too, huh?

I hope you're seeing a little light this week. I know the chaos will all be worth it, right? Okay, don't answer that right now :)

Donnetta said...

So sweet... so very, very sweet!

Sarah said...

Those two boys together is about the sweetest thing ever.

(I just scanned your comments and saw that Big Mama said exactly the same thing.)

And take heart; your house will be all clean and orderly--once all of your children are grown and gone. Until then, not so much. :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved