Friday, May 11, 2007

Ulterior Motives. . .

Quick Note to the Sarah who tagged me for a meme: Blogger won't let me access your site to see what the meme is. Please don't think I am ignoring you!! I just haven't been able to go to your blog. . .


It is quiet, but I know the quiet is temporary. Elijah will wake up to eat at any moment. My other two are tucked sweetly in for a good afternoon nap. And, I am soaking in the peace of the moment. I thought that I'd post a pic or two of Elijah. My motive in doing so is that my mother might see my sweet baby and when she sees him, maybe, just maybe, she will miss him soooo much that she will just have to come and see him again. And, when visiting him, she will see me, too, and that will make me very happy, very, very happy. (Now, I know my mom. And, as she read the last few sentences, she was overwhelmed with guilt that she should come. Let it go. No guilt, please. I'm just playing. I love you, and I know how busy you are!! I also realize that my mom has 13, yes 13, grandchildren, so I have to share her.) Here you go, mom. . .



And, there he is, my new little man, two weeks old and weighing in at 10 pounds. Note that the hair is definitely showing its true colors these days - another darling red head! He continues to look so much like Joshua to us. Gotta love those sweet cheeks. I can't help but kiss them over and over!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Another sweet little red-head. I have to tell you, when my daughter-in-love (the one with the gorgeous red hair) was expecting her fifth child we were still holding out hope for a red-head. None of the other four were - all had my son's brown hair. Alas - so did number five. Amazing. Not one red-head in the bunch. So I think it is so cute that all three of your boys have red hair.
Have a very special Mothers' Day Erin.

Sarah said...

strange that you can't view my site? Keep trying I guess, here's the address:
http://asthelordworks.blogspot.com
DARLING pictures of your baby boy! We have two girls and are just sure we'll be headed for a third one next time around too. We know God's plan is perfect! I have visions of reading Little Women and Little House to my own little women. I'm sure your story times will be full of Huck Fin and the like. Perhaps we can do some long distance match making.)
Sarah

Deidre said...

He's beautiful, Erin. I can't get over how much 'older' he looks in that second picture....older than 2 weeks old. I'm glad you're doing so well.

Kim said...

Such sweet photos...isn't it fun getting acquainted with your brand new son? It is hard to get enough of them!

I'm so thankful all is going well!

Kim

Sarah said...

Erin, that is one big baby! I love it! He is so sweet; I can't wait to see him--and his mama! I miss you!!

Wendy said...

Such sweet pictures!

Happy Mother's Day!

Ivey's Mom said...

He is precious. Good to read that everyone is well. Looks like he has some great big brothers.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved