Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Guess Where We Are?



Scroll down to the bottom to find out where we are. . .
Just for the record, there are a few things that I hope I don't soon forget. So, I am going to record them here. . .

About Imagination. . . Joshua is naming everything right now, everything. And, while at first this seemed a bit strange to me, it later occured to me that when I was in 2nd grade I gave all of my facial features names. All that I can remember is the names of my eyes - "Pinky" and "Inky." So, maybe I passed this gene down to him? Who knows? But, he has been doing it for months. . . Our house is Frankie. The last curve in the highway before you get to the road that takes us to our house is Curvey. Our mini-van is Vannie. The tires are called Tire Bire. The pond is Water Pauter. The vent in his room is Barker, not to be confused with his bunk bed which is named Venti. The list goes on and on and it grows daily.


About Nursing. . . Joshua declared that I AM A SUPER-HERO because I FEED ELIJAH!!! He also declared when he accidently walked in on me pumping one morning that I am "a lot like a cow." Oh, me. JCT sits two inches from me at all times when I am holding Elijah. So, we are a threesome at feeding time. JCT kisses and talks to Elijah while I feed him. It usually goes something like this. . . "Hi Lijah! I love you. Mommy, I love da baby. Da baby loves me. Are you eating, Lijah? Lijah eats milk. God made Lijah, Mommy. God made Lijah for YOU and ME!!! I love my little Lijah. . ." JCT also informed me the other day during a feeding that one side was milk and the other side was juice. Funny, I never knew that! He keeps me smiling, that JCT, my sunshiny happy boy!

About Music. . . Our boys love the song, "Life is a Highway" from the movie Cars. They love it so much that they absolutely go nuts when it comes on! They run in circles and throw themselves on the couch and chair! They dance like crazy men!! And, it makes me laugh every time they do it!
Don't we all feel a little like this when we hear our favorite song?

And, notice that Rain, our dog, is not at all surprised by there behavior. He is quite used to it by now.

Okay, and now the answer to the original question. . .





If you guessed that we are in our driveway, then you are correct! Yes, the brick layers left a huge present for my boys this past January when they did their work on the back of our house. Most people might be a little irritated when they drive up and see a literal mountain of sand in the middle of their driveway after the brick layers were long gone - not even offering to move it, but, no, not us. We rejoiced!! It was quite possibly the largest domestic sandbox in the southeastern US, and my boys have loved it! Due to the spring rains, it is almost gone now, but there is still enough sand left to "play beach."

8 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

So, I guess we both have a "cow" theme going today. Seriously, I love breast-feeding, it's the best feeling in the world. But there are times when I just feel like saying moooo. =)

How cool to have a mini-beach in your driveway! I'm sure the boys are just loving it!

Linda said...

You had me fooled Erin. I was trying to imagine how you pulled off a trip to the beach with two little boys and a newborn all by yourself!!
I love his little imagination. I think it's a blessing to have one. I could transport myself anywhere and be anyone I wanted when I was little (truth be told, I can still do that now!).
Sweet little boy conversation. It's so good that you're recording all these things. Trust me - you'll be so thankful you did when you're my age and wracking your brain to remember all those sweet little moments.
Have a blessed day.

Deidre said...

Okay, I was fooled. My mind was racing thinking how nice that you were able to get away to the beach with a new baby. :)

Your boys are so funny ... and so loving.

Donnetta said...

What precious memories to remember, each and every one of them!

And the sand had me completely fooled! Your driveway was the very last place I would have guessed!!

Big Mama said...

I love that you're recording all these things. They are just precious, precious boys.

Sarah said...

I wondered how you were at the beach and in your backyard calling me, at the same time! I'm glad you cleared it up--I was totally confused :)

And nursing is the best, even if it's attended by two little boys. Addison has cut eight teeth, including two molars, and only bitten me with the first one, so I think we'll be going strong for a while longer. I can't bear to be done!

I'll try calling you tomorrow--for some reason I didn't get yesterday's message from you until this afternoon!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Very sweet to read of you catching all the precious moments in your days of mommyhood. Hope that precious new baby is doing well, and that you manage to get some sleep soon. Loved the comment about two flavors - milk and juice. Boy would he be embarrassed about that someday!

Mrs. C said...

I totally thought you were at the beach and wondered how you did that?

My boys LOVE the cars movie. My youngest will make a rev sound, announce he is "Lighten McKeen" and then race in circles around our downstairs (in rainy weather) or outside!!! I love it!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved