Thursday, September 06, 2007

Home Renovation Pics - Part 1 Mudroom and Laundry room


Welcome! I will be completely honest. I have been dreading this, but I want to get it done, so here I go!!! I am going to do this in parts to keep me from going insane, completely.


The before pics are on the left, and the after pics are on the right.


This is the backdoor. The powder bath is to the left and the laundry room is to the right. We had already begun tearing up the floor when I took the before pics, but you get the idea.




This is the powder bath. We basically just took out the cabinets and added a pedestal sink in their place. Oh, and we changed the wall color, but that will be true of every room in our home!!



Okay, the next room is quite possibly one of the most important rooms in our home. I adore laundry. Does that sound crazy? I love it! It is my favorite chore - hands down! So, loving my new laundry room was very important to me.




We got new cabinets, and we enclosed the air conditioning unit thingy.

I love my new long counter top! I sort my clothes as I take them out of the dryer and fold them. I sort them according to family member and then dresser drawer. Then, I pile the laundry in baskets in descending order of the dresser drawers. Does that make sense? Putting laundry away is a breeze now!!





Oh, and the floors are now our concrete slab stained and scored. And, we changed all the hardware, doors, and molding to give the house a little character and to suit our tastes.

I hope to conquer the kitchen, den, and sun room next. We'll see. . .

8 comments:

Big Mama said...

It's beautiful, Erin. Everything looks so warm and inviting!

Mrs. C said...

Wow. Really beautiful!

Kelly said...

My gosh- it is beautiful! I love the floors especially:-) With a laundry room like that, I can't wait to see the kitchen!

Wendy said...

Looks beautiful! How nice to have so much counter space in your laundry room now. Can't wait to see the rest.

Be Inspired Always said...

Beautiful. I love the flooring.





Jillian

Ivey's Mom said...

It's b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l!!!!!

Deidre said...

I thought I could relate to you on everything, but loving laundry is not something we have in common :) Maybe if I had a beautiful laundry room like that, I would. Mine is large enough to open the dryer door and that's it.

I love these pictures. Your home is so inviting!

Alison said...

I love doing laundry, but I would love it even more if I had a wonderfully inviting place to do it. Our laundry room is in upheaval and will be turned into a laundry/bathroom in months to come. I'm wondering if you might be willing to share the paint brand and colour number for your powder bath. It is fabulous!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved