Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mmm Mmm Good!

While we were eating lunch today, I had cookies baking in the oven. Elijah finished first, so I cleaned him up and let him play on the floor around us. After the cookies cooled, I passed them out - one to Joshua, one to JCT, two to Mama. . .

Then, I got some milk and sat down to enjoy some freshly baked, warm cookies. Elijah, who up until this point had been playing quietly on the floor, began to cry. I put my cookie down and began talking to him. I gave him a different toy. . . still crying. . . I gave him juice. . . still crying. . . I picked him up assuming that he was just tired and wanted to be held. . .


Still crying he pointed straight at the baking sheet of cookies sitting on top of the counter. And, then it hit me. . .


He is old enough to know a good thing when he sees one!!!


So, I handed him a cookie and sat him in his high chair. He devoured the cookie in no more than 3 bites. He took the cookie in his hand and smashed it. Then, he surveyed the mushy broken cookie on his tray, grabbed a handful of mangled pieces and forced them into his mouth. And, nothing could have made him more happy! Here he is in all his cookie loving happiness. . .

Yum! Yum! I like this!!!

Give me another.

Now.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Smart boy! He knows that there are few treats that compare to fresh baked cookies. Very cute pics!!!

Kelly said...

There is a boy who knows how to properly enjoy a cookie:-) Good for him for getting his point across that he deserved a nice, hot cookie, too!

Sunshine said...

That is about the cutest thing! I LOVE the 2nd picture - my girls - all three of them LOVE cookies and it did not take them long to figure out when they were missing something :) Sunshine

Unknown said...

That is too cute. He looks like he means it in that last picture.

Totallyscrappy said...

Cookies... love at first bite! :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved