Tuesday, September 02, 2008

J.C.T.'s First Day of Preschool!


If there were jitters, I was completely unaware of them. The little man was ready! He was excited to go to school where Joshua went, to do what he watched his big brother do. He was all smiles this morning as we loaded everyone up in good old Vannie!

It helps that he adores his backpack!! In fact in the middle of preschool orientation last week, J.C.T. stood up and gasped in a whisper, "Mom! I forgot my backpack!!" In case you can't tell, his backpack is a dinosaur as is everything else in JCT's little world!



And, here are my two little men ready to go to school!



We met Brother, Deana B., and Afton in the parking lot for a few last minute snapshots!



Walking in. . .

My big boy. . .




And, here he is at the end of his first day with his teacher!

When I went in to get him, he saw me walk in and ran over to me, backpack on his cute little back. He grabbed a little boy near him and with a voice full of pride he said, "That's my Mom!" I gave him a hug and took him back to the van. We stopped quickly by Erik's office, so Afton and JCT could tell their Daddy's about their experience at school. I didn't really get to sit down and talk to JCT until we got home. . .

I put Elijah down for a nap and sat JCT down at the bar with his lunch. Then, I gave him the 3rd degree.

M: Did you have fun?
J: Yes!! (all smiles)
M: What did you do?
J: Lots of stuff!
M: What was your favorite part of the day?
J: Going to school!
M: What was your favorite part of school?
J: Going to the gym!
M: Did you see Afton?
J: Yes, she gave me a hug!
M: Who did you play with?
J: All of my friends!! (This made me chuckle because going into school today he didn't know anyone in his class. I have a friend whose son is in his class, a little boy named Matthew, but JCT has never met him until today.)
M: Did you play with Matthew?
J: Yes. He likes me, so I like him, too.
M: You don't lack confidence do you?
J: (Having no idea what it means to lack confidence, he confidently answered. . .) No, I don't!
M: Do you want to go back?
J: Yes, I do!

And, so I am filing today under the successful file! Thank you, Jesus, I made it through another transition!!! The last of the firsts as far as I know, anyway!

6 comments:

picturesofhisgrace said...

I love this post! Afton and JCT have grown so much! Oh how I miss you guys. It was nice getting to see everyone in the picture going in to school. You, your hubby, Sean and Deana B. are such wonderful people. We treasure your friendship! Love you guys!

Leanne said...

I LOVE that darling back-pack! I also noticed that your preschooler is named "James Christofer" and mine is named "Christopher James"!! How cute.
Congratulations on your new little boy!

Jill said...

My youngest starts preschool tomorrow. I think I'm more nervous than she is, she thinks she's a pro because of brother and sister already going to school.
When we went to Target to get school supplies she thought a calculator would be nice for preschool!!

Lori said...

How cute! He looks so excited. Hope he has a terrific week at school.

Blessings!

Jackson said...

Didn't you just have a baby a WEEK ago? You sound like you are just bouncing all around!!! keep up the great work momma!!!

Christa Hagler said...

OK, I am not a crazy stalker but I have grown to love your blog so much that I decided to give you an award. If you have time between new baby and three other little ones come on over and check out the rules. If you are too busy to participate I hope you at least enjoy the flattery.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved